Do you consider a Vorke or Geekbuying product? Read this and think again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you consider a Vorke or Geekbuying product? Read this and think again

Be careful with Vorke. On 20 November 2017 I ordered 10 piece Z6 from Vorke with 1 year warranty in writing.

Boxes run over 80°C with Kodi and can not be modified because no space inside for larger heat sink.

First box failed June 2018 - another box failed August.

Emailed all Vorke departments for 3 weeks without reply. Only after I started posting on their FB they made contact early September.

Took another 2 weeks to get agreement on sending back PCB's only. I send back with tracking number, of which I informed them, and got delivered on 5 October.

One week later they asked me to send proof of delivery, as if they can't check themselves on the China post website.

They told me would take 5 - 10 days to repair. On 18 October they told me it would take longer because engineers had a hard time finding which component was faulty and to repair it LOL

Everyone knows that repairing PCB's doesn't happen any more because not cost effective to find the faulty component within the hundreds of miniscule components on a PCB, so they are clearly playing a game and I expect a new story later on.

We are now 25 October and Vorke hasn't responded to messages any more for a week, so clearly they have no intention at all to honour their written warranty

Definitely for me this was first and also last time I order any Vorke product. Be warned

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	750312 Time for an update.

After I sent Vorke a copy of a post I made on a closed Facebook group, they started to act..........but how.

Now at once the PCB's didn't get repaired any more, but they would send me new ones.

Within 2 days I got notified that their warehouse had send me 2 PCB's by DHL.

The warehouse was named GEEKBUYING, so Vorke and geekbuying are one and the same company.

Then the next problem started.

On the DHL invoice they wrote the wrong description, and customs blocked the package from import.

It took me 3 days, lot of emails and hours on the phone, to get that sorted.

Then finally today I got the package delivered . Hooray NOT

When I opened the package one of the PCB's had a micro sdcard inserted in the slot, with pictures from early 2017 on the card, so obviously that was a second hand pcb. Not even refurbished, because then there would be no sdcard inserted.

The second pcb was even worse. Have a look for yourself.

Name:	
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	750313
    The damage was not done during transport, because it was packed in epe foam and in a strong cardboard box, which didn't show any signs of damage.

Obviously I was sent a damaged pcb board.

How dare a company like geekbuying deliver such a poor service,. Hang your head in shame Geekbuying.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Removed double post
      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
      Last edited by Jancales; 11-01-2018, 13:01.

Comment

Some more updates about the Vorke aka geekbuying saga.

Yesterday the Vorke representative told me about how disgusted she was about the companies practices, that she would send me a replacement pcb and then quit her job, and encouraged me to make the post from yesterday.

Of course today she changed mind and blamed it all on me, and threatens me that I need to remove my post.

I'll include the conversation from yesterday and today to proof that I don't make this up.

Comment

Name:	freaktab3.JPG
Views:	215
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	750882Click image for larger version

Name:	Freaktab1.JPG
Views:	188
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	750883Click image for larger version

Name:	freaktab4.JPG
Views:	187
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	750884Click image for larger version

Name:	freaktab2.JPG
Views:	186
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	750885Click image for larger version

Name:	freaktab5.JPG
Views:	214
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	750886Click image for larger version

Name:	Freaktab6.JPG
Views:	189
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	750887Click image for larger version

Name:	freaktab7.JPG
Views:	187
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	750888Click image for larger version

Name:	freaktab8.JPG
Views:	186
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	750889

Pictures of chat
          Last edited by Jancales; 11-05-2018, 05:30.

Comment

Vorke/Geeklbuying is reading this thread, because they send me a link earlier today as you can see in the screenshots of the FB messages, so it is strange that they don't respond.

Vorke had blocked me after the last message on FB, which was before my previous post, but have since messaged me that they will send a replacement PCB in 2 days time.

Let's see how that goes. Fair is fair and I will keep you updated.

Comment

geekbuying

So far for keeping their promise of sending replacement within 2 days and updating with tracking number within 3 days.

4 days now and they can't even be bothered to respond to a message.

Credibility of geekbuying at an all time low now.

Name:	
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	750879
              You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• trebor
                trebor commented
                Editing a comment
                At present with 11/11 sales up and coming they are telling me they are busy, not a good excuse.
                Be patient,
                They are aware,
                and will be reminded...

It's more to do with one part not talking to the other.

Thanks Trebor, your concern is much appreciated, it is only that this saga now is ongoing since mid August, and someone who paid a premium price for a Vorke box would like to use it.

Comment

We are now past 11/11 and no news from geekbuying or Vorke, so clearly new sales is more important to them than honouring warranty on previous sales.

The FB messenger account from the Vorke lady I was talking with got deleted today. The FB page still exist but has only 2 posts from 2016 left on it, all other posts have been removed.

It's not that I'm blocked from their page, because logging in with a different account from another location gives the same result.

Since they deleted the account I also can't contact them again, so clearly they have something to hide.

The Vorke lady told me in the last chat, about 10 days ago, that she's had it with Geekbuying and would quit her job. Maybe she kept her promise.

By the way, before they removed all the posts from their FB there were many posts of dissatisfied customers, so this is not a stand alone case.

This thread is also going on multiple closed Kodi related FB groups, and will be bumped on those groups until geekbuying honours the warranty I'm entitled to.

Edit : on closer look it turns out that the complete facebook page from Vorke has been removed. The one I found today is an old page. The FB link on the Vorke webpage also gives a message that the page doesn't exist.
                Last edited by Jancales; 11-12-2018, 17:22.

Comment

You're right, Jancales... I just went on Facebook and indeed the 'official' Vorke page is no longer online.
                  And my experience with Vorke tech support has been poor. Vorke never replied to my questions (minor tech support questions). Good riddance to them!
                  (I have a Vorke Z6 DDR4... the latest stock firmware should never have left the factory -- poorly coded -- my older Abox A3 with DDR3 and less ram etc benchmarks better than the Z6!)

Comment

Originally posted by Venusflytrap View Post
                    You're right, Jancales... I just went on Facebook and indeed the 'official' Vorke page is no longer online.
                    And my experience with Vorke tech support has been poor. Vorke never replied to my questions (minor tech support questions). Good riddance to them!
                    (I have a Vorke Z6 DDR4... the latest stock firmware should never have left the factory -- poorly coded -- my older Abox A3 with DDR3 and less ram etc benchmarks better than the Z6!)
                    Thanks for your comment, it confirms that this is not a stand alone case, of which I was aware already from the responses i get on the Facebook pages.
                    It is clear that the picture Geekbuying paints of themselves on this forum and elsewhere is false.,
                    16 days now since Geekbuying told me they would send me a replacement PCB within 2 days, and I haven't heard anything from them since. So think about this when you gonna place an order for the holidays.
                    When ordering from Geekbuying there will be NO WARRANTY when your device goes tits up in the warranty period. Customer service isn't in their handbook.

Comment

I'm sensing that Vorke is no longer is in business?

Comment

I'm sensing that Vorke is no longer is in business?
                        I think they are still in business, only not so much in the customer service part of it.

Third Vorke Z6 box has failed a few days ago.

That is 30% of Vorke Z6 that failed within a year. If ever there was a substandard product, it must be Vorke

Comment

Sorry to learn that another Vorke box failed on you. Time to stick a fork in that Vorke! It's done! (What kind of silly name is Vorke anyway?!)
                          Substandard is right. I'm now very suspicious of positive reviews of these fly-by-night Chinese made media players. I suspect a lot of the reviewers are remunerated in some way to provide positive reviews.
                          i wonder how long my Vorke Z6 will last before it dies?
                          I guess Tanix is part of the same outfit that makes/sells these devices. Here today, gone tomorrow.

Comment

Sorry to learn that another Vorke box failed on you. Time to stick a fork in that Vorke! It's done! (What kind of silly name is Vorke anyway?!)
                            Substandard is right. I'm now very suspicious of positive reviews of these fly-by-night Chinese made media players. I suspect a lot of the reviewers are remunerated in some way to provide positive reviews.
                            i wonder how long my Vorke Z6 will last before it dies?
                            I guess Tanix is part of the same outfit that makes/sells these devices. Here today, gone tomorrow.
                            Tanix TX92is the same box as the Vorke Z6, but not the same company as far as I understand. Chinese whole sellers always told me they refuse to do business with Vorke, but they sell the Tanix.

I now know why they refuse doing business with them

Vorke is part of Geekbuying, because where I sent the faulty PCB's is the exact same address as that sent me other faulty pcb's, but with the letter heading of Geekbuying.

I see Geekbuying posting and promoting their products on this forum very often, though their silence in this thread is really deafening.

When they post on this forum they try to paint a picture of themselves as that they are a credible company.

I think everybody who has read this thread will know by now how false that projection actually is.

Comment

Working...
                            X