No announcement yet.

Do you consider a Vorke or Geekbuying product? Read this and think again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the informative reply, Jancales. That's an eyeopener. So I guess there is a wholesale manufacturer that then sells these things to fly-by-night "brand names" like Vorke, Tanix etc.... and ultimately they just flip these devices as quickly as they can to make a profit and then close off the companies to save themselves from service and warranty obligations. Nice... real nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Jancales View Post
      Be careful with Vorke. On 20 November 2017 I ordered 10 piece Z6 from Vorke with 1 year warranty in writing.
      Didn't read your entire post, but basically here are my thoughts:

1) Personally I did not have a good experience with Geekbuying - the Vorke product is inferior quality - I bought it because there were so many "amazing" reviews on their website, but actually now I come to think that these might not be genuine reviews - which says a lot ! The Vorke crashes all the time and freezes. I had the same issue when I bought three other devices in the past from there. I think I learned my lesson - cheap android boxes are not worth the hassle and waste of money.

2) I am not sure that Geekbuying is any worse than any other place that sells cheap product. So I am sure there are some happy customers, but I've decided never to buy from these cheap places again and instead, spend money on something better quality more reliable (e.g. nvidia shield - it's around $150US on amazon)

Comment

Originally posted by Sol-geek-newbie View Post

Didn't read your entire post, but basically here are my thoughts:

1) Personally I did not have a good experience with Geekbuying - the Vorke product is inferior quality - I bought it because there were so many "amazing" reviews on their website, but actually now I come to think that these might not be genuine reviews - which says a lot ! The Vorke crashes all the time and freezes. I had the same issue when I bought three other devices in the past from there. I think I learned my lesson - cheap android boxes are not worth the hassle and waste of money.

2) I am not sure that Geekbuying is any worse than any other place that sells cheap product. So I am sure there are some happy customers, but I've decided never to buy from these cheap places again and instead, spend money on something better quality more reliable (e.g. nvidia shield - it's around $150US on amazon)

Hi ,

first not all chinese Companys are bad , but with your Shield your on the right side

of TVBoxes , greetings / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by Sol-geek-newbie View Post

2) I am not sure that Geekbuying is any worse than any other place that sells cheap product.

I have bought from Gearbest and other China based sellers in the past, and when there was an issue It got solved.

I had a Mecool box from Videostrong that lost HDMi connection, I sent them back the PCB and 2 days after arrival at their office a new one was sent to me.

Geekbuying is simply the worst I have encountered ever.

They have now had plenty of time to fix this issue, which they are well aware of, but their lack of response indicates that customer service or warranty is not important for them.

What they seemingly fail to grasp is that their refusal of honoring my warranty, has by now cost them much more in new sales.

Comment

Originally posted by Jancales View Post
            .... Snip ..... What they seemingly fail to grasp is that their refusal of honoring my warranty, has by now cost them much more in new sales.
            Just curious, what were the symptoms your Vorke Z6 units had when they were failing? I'm getting graphical glitches on mine now whenever I use HW+ (hardware acceleration) while playing HD videos.

Comment

Originally posted by Venusflytrap View Post

Just curious, what were the symptoms your Vorke Z6 units had when they were failing? I'm getting graphical glitches on mine now whenever I use HW+ (hardware acceleration) while playing HD videos.
              I had no symptoms, other than that they ran at about 80?C, they just didn't boot any more one day. I usually don't enable hardware acceleration.

The third box still seems to boot, it is with a friend and he says the clock displays correct time, but no hdmi signal.

Comment

Working...
              X