Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best performance chipset for Chrome HTML5 video and CCS3 animations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best performance chipset for Chrome HTML5 video and CCS3 animations?

I am working on a project which will display a web page which runs HTML5 videos in 4K and 1080p together with CCS3 animations.
    At the moment i have a Amlogic S905X TV box which have big trouble doing this stutter free with a 1080p video.

What is the best chipset for this? I was looking at the Rockchip 3399 which I think would handle this with ease. But it is very expensive for the simple task I am looking for. Are there any good alternatives to this?

Hello,

So a S905x should have no Problem to handle what you want.
    Problem will be the Android Web View in the ROM. I guess it is a old version and need an update also tweaks to the ROM make differences.

You can also use a S912 TV Box or RK3328.

Both are good Boxes but you will be have the same problem with webview me think.

What the model and name of the box you where using right now?

Neomode

FreakTab Networks

Comment

Originally posted by neomode View Post
      Hello,

So a S905x should have no Problem to handle what you want.
      Problem will be the Android Web View in the ROM. I guess it is a old version and need an update also tweaks to the ROM make differences.

You can also use a S912 TV Box or RK3328.

Both are good Boxes but you will be have the same problem with webview me think.

What the model and name of the box you where using right now?

Neomode

FreakTab Networks
      Thank you for the reply! The box I am testing on is the Mi Box running 8.0 Oreo with latest Chrome and WebView. It plays videos pretty good, but the CSS3 animations is not nearly as smooth as on a Windows PC. Even a small Windows HDMI stick (which isn't powerful) works really well.

If you compare S905X and S912 and RK3328, which would be the best choice to only be used for this?

Comment

Working...
      X