Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone recommend a non-Shield, non-Fire Android box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone recommend a non-Shield, non-Fire Android box?

I have Apple TV4's that work perfectly but can not stand the freaking ads on YouTube. Looking for an Android TV box so I can load something like YouTube Vanced APK and eliminate YouTube ads. I've had an Nvidia Shield a while back and hated it with a passion. The remote ate batteries for lunch and I had non-stop crashing problems with it. Hate the Fire devices as well.

Requirements:
    Android OS (duh) but a box with a good track record of keeping pace with Android OS updates
    Remote control must have a mic so I can talk into it when searching YouTube......well, YouTube Vanced
    Can hook my Bluetooth noise cancelling headphones to it for private listening
    Must handle 1080p content PERFECTLY (will be playing back media from Emby server).... up to 35Mbps bitrate on the high end. If it can direct play nearly everything, awesome!
    Pass-through of DTS, DD, etc. (basically, all the audio formats)
    Superb 802.11AC performance since it will be hooked up via wireless

Thanks

Originally posted by gene0915 View Post
    I have Apple TV4's that work perfectly but can not stand the freaking ads on YouTube. Looking for an Android TV box so I can load something like YouTube Vanced APK and eliminate YouTube ads. I've had an Nvidia Shield a while back and hated it with a passion. The remote ate batteries for lunch and I had non-stop crashing problems with it. Hate the Fire devices as well.

Requirements:
    Android OS (duh) but a box with a good track record of keeping pace with Android OS updates
    Remote control must have a mic so I can talk into it when searching YouTube......well, YouTube Vanced
    Can hook my Bluetooth noise cancelling headphones to it for private listening
    Must handle 1080p content PERFECTLY (will be playing back media from Emby server).... up to 35Mbps bitrate on the high end. If it can direct play nearly everything, awesome!
    Pass-through of DTS, DD, etc. (basically, all the audio formats)
    Superb 802.11AC performance since it will be hooked up via wireless

Thanks
    Hi ,

only chance is a Box with CustomRom support , but which ??? ,

i dont know , maybe a Box Mo123 supports , but for this you must

talk with Mo123 , he knows what his Roms can handle and what not ,

Mo123 is a RK Dev. at Moment i think RK3228 ,

good luck , gefattern

Comment

Working...
    X