Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Android TV media player (like plex but not plex)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Android TV media player (like plex but not plex)

i'm not sure what everyone is using to view there personal movie collection, i suspect most are using plex for covert art scraping etc...

is there an application that can be installed that doesn't need to open a large app like plex, something that integrates more seamlessly with ATV ?

Hello,

You can try VLC Kodi or other media players.

Neomode

Comment

Originally posted by neomode View Post
      Hello,

You can try VLC Kodi or other media players.

Neomode
      Thanks for your reply

I've tried VLC and Kodi, I don't really care for the interfaces

I'm after something that fits with the ATV interface and it stylish, elegant and simple.

Plex looks to different to ATV, VLC doesn't do artwork.

I was thinking about Emby but would like to not have to worry about a server setup if possible

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ipguy View Post
        Thanks for your reply

I've tried VLC and Kodi, I don't really care for the interfaces

I'm after something that fits with the ATV interface and it stylish, elegant and simple.

Plex looks to different to ATV, VLC doesn't do artwork.

I was thinking about Emby but would like to not have to worry about a server setup if possible

Emby and Plex servers can run on low powered devices, IF your media does not require transcoding. There are numerous ** skins ** for Kodi, if you do not like the stock interface, and as you know, Kodi does NOT require a server.

I have used Kodi and versions of Kodi (OpenELEC, LibreELEC and CoreELEC), for years, but now Emby is about all I use. The interface is just fantastic, I never liked Plex clients, and have used Plex off and on for several years.

What devices do you have your media stored on, and how are they connected to your network?
        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

Emby and Plex servers can run on low powered devices, IF your media does not require transcoding. There are numerous ** skins ** for Kodi, if you do not like the stock interface, and as you know, Kodi does NOT require a server.

I have used Kodi and versions of Kodi (OpenELEC, LibreELEC and CoreELEC), for years, but now Emby is about all I use. The interface is just fantastic, I never liked Plex clients, and have used Plex off and on for several years.

What devices do you have your media stored on, and how are they connected to your network?
          Yes, I'm starting to believe Emby is the solution

I've got my movies stored on a locally connected Synology NAS.

Comment

Hello,

Alternative Look at the Nova Player.

Comment

Kodi with smart playlist is the best way for use it with the video library, in this way you can have a lot of channels from your video library in your atv home.

Comment

Why don't you use plex? From my perspective, this is the best software, and I don't see a point in finding an alternative here. I am using plex software for quite a while, and it never disappointed me. However, I recommend re-examine your opinion about plex because you will not find anything better on the market. If you change your mind, I will leave you the link from where I bought my plex device,https://prizedreviews.com/best-nas-for-plex/.In case you have more questions, feel free to text me.
                Last edited by Mesox; 05-04-2021, 21:04.

Comment

Working...
                X