• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X88 MAX Plus 9 root

how to root x88 max plus android 9?

Anyone else?

Comment

As it does not have Recovery mode the only way it is flash this TV Box. Magisk provides a convenient way how to patch boot.img from your device.
      But the issue is how to get that boot.img and flash patched to X88 MAX Plus.

Next instruction probably will work for all Rockchip TV Box.

Tools I used:
      Rockchip Driver Assistant 4.5 https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/t.../post-84229591
      rkDumper v109 test https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/t.../post-84229591
      Rockchip Dev Tool it also can be named Rockchip Android Tool I used 2.71 version but probably you can use something newer

Steps to backup your device and root:
      1. Install Rockchip Driver Assistant 4.5
      2. Backup X88 MAX Plus rom with "rkDumper v109 test" tool. (I will not describe here how to connect your device to PC to be able to flash it, it is similar to all other TV Boxes) It will also backup boot.img which we will need then to patch with Magisk. I recommend you make readonly all files inside folder Output (parameter, all cfg and all img files inside Image). Note that full backup will take as match HDD storage as TV Box have. So in my case, it has 60Gb but zipped it has only 1Gb. I recommend saving it zipped somewhere in case if something with our flashing will go wrong. I have bricked my TV Box in such way but I have restored it thanx that backup.
      3. Copy backuped boot.img from Output\Image folder near rkDumper to your X88 MAX Plus (I have used USB flash drive).
      4. Install Magisk Manager apk on TV Box and patch boot.img.
      5. Copy new patched_boot.img (name can be different) to your PC.
      6. Flash patched_boot.img to your TV Box with Rockchip Dev Tool/Rockchip Android Tool:
        1. You will be on the Download Image tab so right-click on the grid with "Address|Name|Path|..." headers and select Load Config from the context menu.
        2. Chose config_16.cfg you will get the message "Importing config OK" and items in grid Address|Name|Path will be changed and will appear text in Path column cells.
        3. Unselect all items there except boot.
        4. Click on cell from column "..." for boot row and select there your patched_boot.img by Magisk Manager.
        5. Click the Run button. In the left text box should appear text something like Download successfully done or something like that. And your TV Box will restart and will be turned on.
      7. That all after that Magisk Manager should work and provide root to all app which will require it.

Comment

Working...
      X