Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cloning MAC address of premium TV Boxes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cloning MAC address of premium TV Boxes?

Currently, we own the EVPAD premium Android box with lifetime subscription.

The specs on the box, likely a Moonbox or TV Box are quite old and one can't do much with the box except run the proprietary apps which, as I understand, is based on your device's MAC address.

I was wondering if it's possible to clone the MAC address onto a more modern Android Box so it can run the apps linked to your MAC address instead?

Hello,

I don?t think you need to clone a Mac Address, Mac Addresses are unique and should be used only one Time.
    You only want to Install different Software, you can Download the Software over the Webbrowser and install it.
    Can you tell me more about that Device?

Neomode

Comment

hmm..
      Cloning mac = called Spoofing Mac
      There are lots of apps that can spoof a mac adress ( some routers can also spoof a mac )

Note: Some Home launchers like : Beelink / Tanix / Zidoo are Mac bound and can cause issues..like unusable launcher
      If you would flash a new Mac adress to a device ( yes, you can change the real mac adress - but spoofing is alot safer )

However... in most cases.. the device name should also be spoofed/cloned ( from the build.prop )
      You should also check.. If the old device has DRM - If yes.. the new one also requires DRM

For example:
      There are a bunch of amlogic devices on the market.. that spoof them self as xiaomi mibox

In most cases.. your spoofing atemt will fail so its proberly not adviced.. But good luck

Comment

Working...
      X