Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Settings apps/wizards?

Hi,

I am trying to create a TV box which when first started presents the user with a Wizard/settings app, where the user can connect to WiFi, select screen resolution etc.
    Problem is that these apps are not easy to find, and most of them are included in ROMs for specific TV boxes. Nothing that can be found on the App Store.

Do anyone know of a TV box that has a good wizard app or settings app? Or maybe both.
    I would like to have a settings app which shows the important settings, not all the Android settings.

Thank you!

I think I know what you want.
    Many of AML TV Boxes come with a Setup Wizard. Let me get that apk for you!
    ????????
    Neomode

Comment

Originally posted by neomode View Post
      I think I know what you want.
      Many of AML TV Boxes come with a Setup Wizard. Let me get that apk for you!
      ????????
      Neomode
      +1

Comment

Originally posted by joq3 View Post
        Hi,

I am trying to create a TV box which when first started presents the user with a Wizard/settings app, where the user can connect to WiFi, select screen resolution etc.
        Problem is that these apps are not easy to find, and most of them are included in ROMs for specific TV boxes. Nothing that can be found on the App Store.

Do anyone know of a TV box that has a good wizard app or settings app? Or maybe both.
        I would like to have a settings app which shows the important settings, not all the Android settings.

Thank you!
        Hi ,

so that on every Boot the User must fit the specific Settings , before he can use the Box , not really comfortable ,

this Apps on nearly every AML , RK Box , something like "Smart Quick Settings" from Dev. SmartWho , good luck ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

So this is the APK's I am trying to get working.
          If you look at this video showing the Tanix TX3 Max, you can see a wizard being shown on the first boot: https://youtu.be/nyYQS05BKso?t=233
          And later in the video it is showing the Settings.apk ( https://youtu.be/nyYQS05BKso?t=314 )

These two APK's is what I am after, the wizard and the settings app. I downloaded the Tanix TX3 Max firmware image, and extracted the image with Amlogic Tools. And under /system/priv-app there is an app called "Settings_oranth.apk" which I think is the Settings app I am looking for. I installed this app on my A95X Plus, but it fails to launch. Both boxes are Amlogic based so it should work right? Or do I need to install any other app from the Tanix box to make this work?
          Here is all the /system/priv-app folder from the Tanix TX3 Max:
          Click image for larger version

Name:	priv-app.PNG
Views:	187
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	788579
          And here is everything from the /system/app folder from the TX3 Max:

Name:	app.PNG
Views:	199
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	788580

What more do I need to make it work?

Comment

So this is the APK's I am trying to get working.
            If you look at this video showing the Tanix TX3 Max, you can see a wizard being shown on the first boot: https://youtu.be/nyYQS05BKso?t=233
            And later in the video it is showing the Settings.apk ( https://youtu.be/nyYQS05BKso?t=314 )

These two APK's is what I am after, the wizard and the settings app. I downloaded the Tanix TX3 Max firmware image, and extracted the image with Amlogic Tools. And under /system/priv-app there is an app called "Settings_oranth.apk" which I think is the Settings app I am looking for. I installed this app on my A95X Plus, but it fails to launch. Both boxes are Amlogic based so it should work right? Or do I need to install any other app from the Tanix box to make this work?
            Here is all the /system/priv-app folder from the Tanix TX3 Max:

Name:	priv-app.PNG
Views:	187
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	788579
            And here is everything from the /system/app folder from the TX3 Max:

Name:	app.PNG
Views:	199
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	788580

What more do I need to make it work?
            Hi ,

did you moved it back to System with a System mover App ??? old Settings deleted ??? after moving wipe cache & Dalvik , reboot ,

1 install the wanted , move to System , nothing else , no run before ,

2 delete the one you want to change ,

3 wipe like discribed , reboot ,

but you must be sure that you have the right file , what is with the "iTvSettings" and dont forget the Settings Provider App , not a Pro , but sure it is needed to ,

hope it works / good luck / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi ,

did you moved it back to System with a System mover App ??? old Settings deleted ??? after moving wipe cache & Dalvik , reboot ,

1 install the wanted , move to System , nothing else , no run before ,

2 delete the one you want to change ,

3 wipe like discribed , reboot ,

but you must be sure that you have the right file , what is with the "iTvSettings" and dont forget the Settings Provider App , not a Pro , but sure it is needed to ,

hope it works / good luck / gefattern
              I got it to run! I had to move it to /system/priv-app as you said. I tried moving the Settings_oranth.apk only, and on the next reboot it I got greeted with the Setup wizard as I hoped. But it does crash, and I cannot get out of it. So I get an error saying, "Settings has stopped", with the selection of Open again and Close app. Both options leads me back to the wizard again, but it keeps crashing. Home button doesnt do anything, so I am stuck on the wizard.
              I tried replacing the Settings provider, Settings and iTvSettings. But this corrupted the TV Box and it would not boot.
              How do I find out what is making Settings_oranth.apk to crash?
              I attached it here:
              MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Comment

I got it to run! I had to move it to /system/priv-app as you said. I tried moving the Settings_oranth.apk only, and on the next reboot it I got greeted with the Setup wizard as I hoped. But it does crash, and I cannot get out of it. So I get an error saying, "Settings has stopped", with the selection of Open again and Close app. Both options leads me back to the wizard again, but it keeps crashing. Home button doesnt do anything, so I am stuck on the wizard.
                I tried replacing the Settings provider, Settings and iTvSettings. But this corrupted the TV Box and it would not boot.
                How do I find out what is making Settings_oranth.apk to crash?
                I attached it here:
                https://mega.nz/#!B48AiKCY!TpgjhvV2Y...w0WEVDIJI-N-kg
                Hi ,

not really sure how to handle this , did you delete the stock Settings , both for sure not work together , think this must be done with SDK Tools or similar , so work for a Dev. ,
                maybe someone with Dev. experience , hope you get it ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

Working...
                X