Is there a processor list?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a processor list?

Is there a list of common chips used in these TV boxes that shows some specs like the speed, GPU speed?

Wikipedia:
    Search Rockchip, Amlogic, Allwinner

A great website to follow: https://www.cnx-software.com

That site will post manufacturer chip update info when made available.
    Last edited by RiCkLaR_atvX; 04-17-2020, 20:13. Reason: typo

Comment

like this:
      Sheet1 COLOUR CODED PERFORMANCE,Best viewed in 80% Zoom,TOP ANDROID TV BOX CHART OF 2019 ULTRA PERFORMANCE,http://bit.ly/2HqxAy9,PRICES SUBJECT TO CHANGE HIGH PERFORMANCE,* Daily Driver, ,RANKED BY RATING OUT OF 10 MID PERFORMANCE,(= Latest Review) LOW PERFO...

Perhaps...you could tell... your goal?

note:
      I bought a bunch of devices..based on specs
      like: 2ghz...octacore...all cores... and high benchmarks.. the where all lies!
      - most devices are not capable of 2ghz...because of heat...
      - benchmarks.. the used a hack/cheat
      - allcores on octacore big/little..nope it never worked
      - CPUs with H = Dolby DTS lic... pass through devices do the same..and are cheaper
      - Netflix supports... Chinese boxes use cheats/hacks that never last long (aka no more HD )
      hope it helps

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell4you View Post
        like this:
        Sheet1 COLOUR CODED PERFORMANCE,Best viewed in 80% Zoom,TOP ANDROID TV BOX CHART OF 2019 ULTRA PERFORMANCE,http://bit.ly/2HqxAy9,PRICES SUBJECT TO CHANGE HIGH PERFORMANCE,* Daily Driver, ,RANKED BY RATING OUT OF 10 MID PERFORMANCE,(= Latest Review) LOW PERFO...

Perhaps...you could tell... your goal?

note:
        I bought a bunch of devices..based on specs
        like: 2ghz...octacore...all cores... and high benchmarks.. the where all lies!
        - most devices are not capable of 2ghz...because of heat...
        - benchmarks.. the used a hack/cheat
        - allcores on octacore big/little..nope it never worked
        - CPUs with H = Dolby DTS lic... pass through devices do the same..and are cheaper
        - Netflix supports... Chinese boxes use cheats/hacks that never last long (aka no more HD )
        hope it helps
        Yeah kinda like that.

When i first started overclocking computers back in the mid 90s there was a program called like CPU ID or something like that, you ran it and it measured you processor speed, it showed a little icon of the chip and told stuff like what buss speed it used, the range from lowest speed of the chip to the fastest say "celeron, 266-550" then told the onboard cache junk like that. You could scroll threw it and see all the chips from the early pentiums to some of the early AMD i think a cyrus one or something but you could see the slowest chips to the fastest and compare what you had to a different chip series

I thought maybe say Amlogic had a list of the speeds of their common android tv processors with a list of the core speeds, how many cores, the GPU, its speed stuff like that so i could search for devices that had the better processors.

Im still new so i just wanted to look and see core speeds of say the 905, the 912, 311D, 922 from the older slower ones to the newer faster ones because i dont know whats what yet. from chip maker to chip maker

Also are these different chip makers are they actually different companys? Like Amlogic, Rockchip, Allwinner are they all different chip makers or are they just rebranding them or something?

Comment

I just want to know the slower to faster CPUs in a sort of list form. Some of the more popular chips in the current TV boxes

A chart kinda like this one maybe speeds, GPU and speeds, if the benchmarks are all lies maybe we could judge by the specs?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200423_121354.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	803327

Comment

found this benchmark...
            Simple benchmark for single board computers. Contribute to ThomasKaiser/sbc-bench development by creating an account on GitHub.

it shows the amlogic cheats... s90x and s912 ect

I also like it because it shows Intel based PC's vs Arm
            this stated...you don't buy a TV box to extract 7zip files ( I hope )

cheers

Comment

Where would the S905X2 and X3 fall in that processor chart?

Are they quite a bit faster then the S912?

Also what about the All winner H3 and H6 where would they fit into that chart

I havnt seen any boxes with the 812 or 3368 they must be really old?

Comment

Originally posted by BowerR64 View Post
                Where would the S905X2 and X3 fall in that processor chart?
                Are they quite a bit faster then the S912?
                The S905X2 is about equal to the S912, something's are in favor of one chip versus the other in actual usage, but in device table top benchmarks the S905X2 clearly edges out the S912; and the S905X3 is a clear step forward in performance over both the other 2 chips, sad thing is most TVbox manufacturers hinder its performance pairing it with DDR3 and not DDR4 which was the ram more commonly found paired with S905X2.

Also what about the All winner H3 and H6 where would they fit into that chart
                According to your picture the H3 would be under the S905, and the H6 would be just under the S912.

I havnt seen any boxes with the 812 or 3368 they must be really old?
                Yes they are old, I bought a TVbox with the newly released rk3368pro (8-core CPU), a 2019 "pro" chip update that got released and it was a disappointment because of its age and about even with performance of the old rk3328 chip (4-core).

Look on https://androidpctv.com for that guys CPU reviews which compare some generic TV-boxes he bought according to their Chip's, these are just some general benchmark comparisons and depending on the manufacturers of TVbox their real world usage can differ greatly, like for example the 4K Firestick running Android 7 Nougat is heavily optimized by Amazon and runs very efficiently, compare that to generic TV boxes being released with Android 9 that is supppose to be faster out-of-the box, but most TVbox manufacturers don't pay extra for extensive software development, so in most cases the 4K stick outshines the newer OS.
                Last edited by RiCkLaR_atvX; 04-27-2020, 03:13. Reason: Typo

Comment

Well i can see why the S905X2 and X3 perform better because they both look bad. When compared to the Nvidia and the 4K firesticks the image quality is really grainy and the edges and lines are no where near as clean.

Now i see improvement when i go into developer options and turn on the force 4X MSAA open GL

I wonder what versions of open GL the Shield and 4K firesticks use?

Comment

Originally posted by BowerR64 View Post
                    Well i can see why the S905X2 and X3 perform better because they both look bad. When compared to the Nvidia and the 4K firesticks the image quality is really grainy and the edges and lines are no where near as clean.
                    A number of factors go into creating a crisp image, and this all relates to Software optimization not so much Hardware; but saying that the exception is the NvidiaShield -- it is capable of true 4K-UI/UX which no other ARM chipped device is capable of doing natively because it does have a great large GPU crammed into it.

Now i see improvement when i go into developer options and turn on the force 4X MSAA open GL
                    I wonder what versions of open GL the Shield and 4K firesticks use?
                    This is too specific "OpenGL" to discern actual picture quality, there are various factors to consider and usage case scenarios to determine optimal Graphics rendering, Yes - for gaming OpenGL ES 3.2 is better than just OpenGL ES 2.0, but for a GPU with only OpenGL ES 2.0 it can still render 4k video crisply if they software has adequate Hardware Acceleration and GPU drivers.

Comment

Will the Khadas boards perform any better chip for chip? Are they optimized better for their chips then say the cheap chinese boxes?

Like say the Khadas has a board with the S905, and the 912 so far the performance of the 905, the 912 and H6 all seem very similar in performance and image quality.

Can i run different open GL software?

When i go into the developer options and i turn on 4X MSAA why doesnt that setting stay? i have to turn it on every time i reboot the device.

I have more then one box and they all do it i dont get it. Any other setting i change in the developer options stay but that one.

Comment

Working...
                      X