Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyway to test HDMI cables?

I dont really want to buy a tool.

Is there a way to test the better cables from the cheaper ones?

Ive bought a few of these tv boxes over the last few months and i know some are worse then others.

I went threw all my cables and sorted them by length and got the cables mixed up, i had a different cable hooked to my Roku and switched it and it got an error telling me the cable couldnt handle 4K video. I never got that before with the other cable and im not sure which one i was using.

Click image for larger version

Name:	HDCP Error.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	803618

Originally posted by BowerR64 View Post
    I dont really want to buy a tool.

Is there a way to test the better cables from the cheaper ones?

Ive bought a few of these tv boxes over the last few months and i know some are worse then others.

I went threw all my cables and sorted them by length and got the cables mixed up, i had a different cable hooked to my Roku and switched it and it got an error telling me the cable couldnt handle 4K video. I never got that before with the other cable and im not sure which one i was using.

Click image for larger version

Name:	HDCP Error.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	803618
    HI ,

this has to do with the Version of HDMI cable 1.4 / 2.0 / 2.1 , for 4K you need for sure a 2.0

cable , HDCP is a CopyProtection , has to do with digitalRights , test the other ones , for sure

one will work ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

Is there anything stamped on them so ill know which is which or is it just trial and error?

Comment

Is there anything stamped on them so ill know which is which or is it just trial and error?
        Use CoreELEC or LibreELEC and play 4K@60hz test videos on a device that supports it.
        If the videos play smooth it's an HDMI 2.0 cable, if not it's an HDMI 1.4 cable.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

Use CoreELEC or LibreELEC and play 4K@60hz test videos on a device that supports it.
          If the videos play smooth it's an HDMI 2.0 cable, if not it's an HDMI 1.4 cable.

I dont even know what CoreELEC or LibreELEC even is. Is it a player or an operating system?

Comment

I dont even know what CoreELEC or LibreELEC even is. Is it a player or an operating system?

It's a Linux operating system running from a micro-sd card.
            It's available for Amlogic and Rockchip devices.

Comment

Working...
            X