Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which TV box works best with Amazon Prime Video?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which TV box works best with Amazon Prime Video?

Here in the Netherlands Amazon only offers the Fire TV Stick Basic Edition, which runs on Android 5. My religion does now allow me to buy devices with such old android versions ;-)
    I have been told that Prime Video does not work in NL on Fire TV Sticks bought in other countries.

I have a mecool m8s pro l, which doesn't run Prime Video out of the box. Only when flashed with a tablet style Android rom, but the video quality is quite poor then and you need a mouse to control it.

I did some Googling and the only alternative I came up with is an Nvidia Shield, which is rather pricey.

Is there any Chinese Android TV box that does run Prime Video well, with decent video quality?
    Want to thank me for my work? Donate to one of the administrators of this forum here or here, thanks!

Says it does Prime, but can't verify, because I don't subscribe to Prime video.

MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

My video showing what streamers work,

Auf YouTube findest du die angesagtesten Videos und Tracks. Außerdem kannst du eigene Inhalte hochladen und mit Freunden oder gleich der ganzen Welt teilen.
      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

You should be able to get the Amazon fire stick cheap/second hand even refurbed.
        They do an excellent job for the price no stress and just work, that's what matters more I feel,
        Plus all the other streaming services that work as they should too easy.

treboR
        Please consider
        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Will a device from Belgium work? Just a thought...

https://www.androidtv-guide.com/pay-...net-tadaam-box

Edit:
          Note: I had a problem Logging-In AmazonPrime on a Certified Google ATV device, I had to allow exception to Blokada for the app to work, with Adblocker ON then Prime would not work. Another point of interest is that I heard Amazon is suppose to work flawlessly with a VPN if say you swithched your Country of Orgin to another country like USA to get more content; that I have not tested, but something to consider.
          Last edited by RiCkLaR_atvX; 05-04-2020, 01:30. Reason: add the EDIT

Comment

Originally posted by phjanderson View Post
            Here in the Netherlands....
            Is there any Chinese Android TV box that does run Prime Video well, with decent video quality?
            Only Chinese ATV box that specifically says it officially supports Amazon Prime is the Xiaomi Mi Box S.

Two other Google Certified devices that might work for you, one from Poland: https://sites.google.com/view/droid-...te-flix-tv-box
            and one from Ukraine: https://sites.google.com/view/droid-...nfomir-mag425a

Comment

Hmm..
              perhaps kodi add-on : sandmann79

Weird that sell gen2/basic with really high price in holland 70 euro
              while I paid 19 euro for the 4k version at black friday from German site

More info on YouTube by bright aka hardware info
              - looks like a lot doesn't work...that's why its only 3 euro currently
              --and the horrible payment option
              Tweakers forum also has a lot people trying stuff

I think... its just a matter of time...till someone finds a way...
              Or amazon gets smart and enables supported on many more devices

Comment

Thanks everyone for all the helpful replies!

The Xiaomi Mibox S sounds good since it's from a "real" brand, Xiaomi is kind of like the Chinese Samsung. It's also for sale in Dutch shops, so no long waiting time and import taxes. The hardware is dated however, hope they might update it one of these days.

The Mecool KM1 looks great, more recent hardware and a lot of certifications. I have a little distrust towards Mecool however based on my current experience with the Mecool M8S PRO L. Geekbuying sells one version from European stock, so also fast shipping and no import taxes.

Originally posted by mitchell4you View Post
                Weird that sell gen2/basic with really high price in holland 70 euro
                while I paid 19 euro for the 4k version at black friday from German site
                Do you live in the Netherlands? Does Prime Video work on the 4K version from Germany with a Dutch Amazon subscription?
                Want to thank me for my work? Donate to one of the administrators of this forum here or here, thanks!

Comment

Hi,
                  Yes.. I'm dutch

So, more then ten years ago.. I made a amazon account to get a free game ( UK or Us ?? ) from a deal site
                  When I bought the fire 4k... I was reminded that I still hat a account
                  Used that account to get passed...the credit card request ( initial setup requires a amazon acc on fire stick )

1.So, I don't have a NL account... nor would I ever give amazon my credit card info..
                  -- if the ever go : gift card / ideal / PayPal then perhaps...if there content improves
                  2. I'm a VPN router user...dislike geo restrictions ( can watch grand tour...but get error 55*** something on video prime app? )
                  3 To make a new account and use it means reseting device.. not feeling the urge to do that

So... unable to help you...at this time ( use firestick for Netflix / Disney + and crunchroll at this time )
                  Friend told me..interactive TV subscription from kpn support amazon video
                  Anyway.. goodluck

Comment

Any Android TV box with Microsoft Playready DRM support should be good enough to run sideloaded Amazon Prime Video for TV app.

Comment

Working...
                    X