CWM easy installation for all RK3188/3066 devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CWM easy installation for all RK3188/3066 devices

Woohoo! I tried many methods to install CWM, finally succeeded with this one and just finished making my first CWM backup:

The YouTube video here explains it all: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWOPFg81TBg But in case it ever disappears, here are text instructions:

1) Download and install the ArcTools apk attached to this post.

2) Once installed it will ask you to update. (I did. Maybe it will work without the update, but I didn't go that route.)

3) In the ArcTools app, select the button that is second from the upper left "REBOOT".

4) From the menu, choose "REBOOT RECOVERY" then "SELECT REBOOT".

5) Your device will boot into it's original recovery mode. For tablets: Press power button until the device powers off then press it again to power it back on. TV PCs: Turn the the device off then on again or pull its power plug and then plug it back in (NOTE: If you're powering your device from a PC's USB port, this plugging and unplugging might corrupt your device's flash memory; therefore, I recommend using an external power source to complete this installation).

6) Once your device is powered back on, start the ArcTools app again, click/tap near the upper left where it says "DISABLE/MOVE PHONE APK".

7) Click/Tap on "ROCKCHIP GENERIC (RK3066,RK3188) CWM RECOVERY v. xxxx by fun..."

8) At upper left, click/tap DOWNLOAD. When download is complete, click/tap the next button "INSTALL APPS". (NOTE: Follow this and the next two steps at your own risk!)

9) The script runs very quickly here, and when you see the last line "RUNNING SCRIPT(1)" the process is finished.

10) Now just repeat steps 3 and 4 (REBOOT, REBOOT RECOVERY and SELECT REBOOT), and your device will reboot into CWM recovery! (NOTE: I completed this entire process with a Mini TV PC, and I needed a keyboard attached to USB and also had to use the arrow keys and the ENTER key on the lower right / Numberpad to navigate around CWM.)

Hope this helps people such as myself with odd devices that few others have

P.S. If you haven't rooted your device yet, I doubt this method will work, BUT you might follow my easy rooting instructions at the bottom of this post: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ssfully-rooted!

P.P.S. According to the video, you should perform a Dalvik Cache Wipe (found under ADVANCED menu in CWM) before backing up your device.

EDIT: I performed a dalvik cache wipe and was unable to successfully restore. Then I performed a backup without wiping the dalvik cache, and from this I was able to restore successfully.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by PolarBear; 11-28-2013, 02:20. Reason: Dalvik Cache Wipe is NOT recommended!

DON'T PANIC!

Once you've wiped the dalvik cache, performed your backup and restarted, IT'S GOING TO TAKE A LOT LONGER THAN USUAL TO BOOT UP YOUR DEVICE, so DON'T PANIC. Also, once your device has started, it's probably not going to act like its old self until some more time has passed and/or the next reboot.

Don't Just , and after a while

Comment

Dalvik cache wipe not recommended

I wasn't able to restore successfully after a dalvik cache wipe so I don't recommend it. See bottom of the first post for more details

Comment

@PolarBear thanks for your post. I was able to successfully install cwm on my Mk808b from geekbuying running stock android 4.2

Comment

Awesome

Originally posted by mando41 View Post
          @PolarBear thanks for your post. I was able to successfully install cwm on my Mk808b from geekbuying running stock android 4.2
          Glad to help I actually had to use it today because I was trying different kernels and ended up unable to boot or even reach the bootloader :O Everytime I plugged my device in, it'd only load CWM.

Comment

It Works! Funciona!

I tried others methods (like this: http://androtab.info/clockworkmod/rockchip/) but none worked, then try this and works!
            Tested on TV Stick MK809III Chipset RK3188, WIFI: RTL8188ETV, BT: RDA 5876 ES162242

Thanks bro!

Comment

cwm working on game tablet !!

Thank you! I could get cwm working on the game tablet Yinlips G28S (rk3188) thanks to this method.

Comment

(REBOOT, REBOOT RECOVERY and SELECT REBOOT)

i did my tv box all downloaded as in the video the the last bit when i hit

(REBOOT, REBOOT RECOVERY and SELECT REBOOT)

then noting at all it just sat there with a no light on but it turned its self off after exactly 2 min's
                my chip is the RK3188T would that matter?

Comment

Hello,i confirm that "ROCKCHIP GENERIC (RK3066, RK3188) CWM RECOVERY v. Xxxx by fun" installed by Arctools apk in latest version works perfectly on my tablet Clust MPX4C97 with RK3188 and under android 4.2.2 original firmware!Just during the installation i had " RUNNING SCRIPT(1)" but never appeared : "The process is finished".It does not matter ,i rebooted in recovery by arctools and it works perfect! Thank you very much!

Comment

Working...
                  X