CyanogenMod 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CyanogenMod 11

Github and Readme for porting CM11.0. This for Radxa, but a source code build with readme Instructions, should be compatible with your kernel build.

"Ji Yonggang
    Hi all,
    I have made a CyanogenMod porting to Radxa Rock.
    It is based on cm-11.0 branch, current Android version is 4.4.4, build id is KTU84Q.
    The hardware modules and proprietary libraries come from radxarock kitkat source radxa_rock_android4-4.tar.gz.
    Now the wifi, bluetooth, ethernet are supported.
    I test the latest XBMC 13.2 beta, it's hardware video decoding is working.
    The porting code are published on github:
    RadxaRock device folder. Contribute to jungleji/android_device_rockchip_radxarock development by creating an account on GitHub.

I also made an image and uploaded to google drive:

MD5 (radxarock-cm-11.0-20140727.img) = a3a8da029b223c5801411880593493d7
    Enjoy it!
    Jungle "
    AGAIN Thanks Jungle

CM11.0 is still under development and the 4.4 kernels needed for wifi and bt (RK3188,hdmi,8723wifi&bt) is the RK Batch Image is used install the update.img

Originally posted by cappybob View Post
    Github and Readme for porting CM11.0. This for Radxa, but a source code build with readme Instructions, should be compatible with your kernel build.

"Ji Yonggang
    Hi all,
    I have made a CyanogenMod porting to Radxa Rock.
    It is based on cm-11.0 branch, current Android version is 4.4.4, build id is KTU84Q.
    The hardware modules and proprietary libraries come from radxarock kitkat source radxa_rock_android4-4.tar.gz.
    Now the wifi, bluetooth, ethernet are supported.
    I test the latest XBMC 13.2 beta, it's hardware video decoding is working.
    The porting code are published on github:
    RadxaRock device folder. Contribute to jungleji/android_device_rockchip_radxarock development by creating an account on GitHub.

I also made an image and uploaded to google drive:

MD5 (radxarock-cm-11.0-20140727.img) = a3a8da029b223c5801411880593493d7
    Enjoy it!
    Jungle "
    AGAIN Thanks Jungle

CM11.0 is still under development and the 4.4 kernels needed for wifi and bt (RK3188,hdmi,8723wifi&bt) is the RK Batch Image is used install the update.img
    This boots on my RK3188 TV Box, but if I replace the Image kernel with my own compiled kernel in boot.img, it shows my kernel logo and then the android boot animation, but then gets stuck in a boot loop. Anyway to use other kernels with this ROM for wifi purposes?

Comment

I also have the same question: how to replace the kernel so that WiFi works.
      Other than that it seems to work on my MK908ii. I would really love to have a CM11 ROM working with WiFi.

Maybe we should ask the ROM developer in the google group?

Comment

I am not sure what wifi chip use radxa rock, so apart from kernel, maybe it's needed to replace wpa_supplicant and the wifi modules in system/lib from your device. Some change in int.rc could also be needed. I'll try in my cr11s if I have some time.

Comment

There is a similar discussion going on in the google group:

Anyone skilled enough to compile a CM11 for the tv sticks with AP6210 or at least replace the kernel with a D33 (simply flashing it over doesn't work as in this image the kernel is in the boot partition)?

Comment

Originally posted by barev View Post
            There is a similar discussion going on in the google group:

Anyone skilled enough to compile a CM11 for the tv sticks with AP6210 or at least replace the kernel with a D33 (simply flashing it over doesn't work as in this image the kernel is in the boot partition)?
            I'm busy with a CM11 ROM.
            Still experimenting making wifi work, since you need different kernels to boot it.

Comment

Great man, looking forward for this one.

Comment

any news on this port? i cyanogenmod
                Last edited by LX+R; 11-05-2014, 05:17.

Comment

Originally posted by LX+R View Post
                  any news on this port? i cyanogenmod
                  new version https://github.com/jungleji/android_...arock/releases

to enable navigationbar:
                  in build.prop

ro.show.navigationbar=yes
                  qemu.hw.mainkeys=0

Comment

OK, but what about the kernel question. How can I replace the kernel as most of the RK3188 boxes do not use the same WiFi as radxa so WiFi is not working.

Comment

Originally posted by barev View Post
                      OK, but what about the kernel question. How can I replace the kernel as most of the RK3188 boxes do not use the same WiFi as radxa so WiFi is not working.
                      Simply to stitch other kernel at me it did not turn out, but it is possible to disassemble Boot.img and there to interpose other kernel in a format zImage.
                      At me TV-stick rk3188 with the chip wifi AP6330, I delivered a kernel (quickshot 3.1) from the insertion, but all the same wifi does not work.
                      I think business not only in a kernel, it is necessary to add any files still.

I apologize for my English.(promt)
                      Last edited by dsa13dsa; 11-19-2014, 10:54.

Comment

There has been a new approach:

Last edited by LX+R; 05-20-2015, 04:39.

Comment

The Cyanogenmod development for RK3188 is pretty stuck. Currently there are 3 different approaches: 2 of them discontinued and the other one hasn't been updated in a while:

1. CM11 for Radx Rock by Jungle
                          2. CM11 for Freakbox by abdul_pt
                          3. CM11 for Minix X7 by Nitro Team

So I think it would be best if we combine our powers and work together on a functioning version of CM11 or CM12.

Comment

Working...
                          X