• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finless
    replied
    Originally posted by 12paq View Post
    Cool cool cool
    Most of the peripheral problems were on my end.. except the known sd card mount fail. I'll try to get a dmesg. How are you getting ADB? My linux box is in another room, lol..

On CWM if the correct partition mapping is laid out, I bet the sd and even the ext sd volumes could be mounted and then nandroid backups would work. Right now as you likely know, the sd volumes won't mount so backups fail. More fun!
    This issue is ususlly fixed by the proper mounts in recovery.fstab and making sure your using the original rknand.ko and init binary from the original recovery.

You might try my CWM that does work on the ug802.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• avvweb
    replied
    Thanks 12paq but I did execute the command on the terminal app. Also I've tried "su desmg" as you recommended but it says "unknown id: dmesg". I tried again "adb shell dmesg" and it says something else "daemon not running, starting on port XXXX. daemon started succesfully" but after that it says "error: device not found" again.

What am I missing?

By the way, some more feedback fldc. As you know the wifi does not work. I connected a usb adapter for ethernet and I managed to access internet and install some apps from apk files. Nevertheless both Play Store and Netflix does not seem to find the internet connection. Also, the icon of the ethernet connection is not present besides the clock.

Finally I tried some video files. A 720p MP4 runs smoothly but a 1080p MP4 not so much. Besides, the 1080p MP4 file got the dongle rebooted one time. Maybe the video drivers are wrong? I used MX Player Pro for the tests. I noticed that the decoders available were just HW and SW but with Finless Rom there is another option HW+ which does not work by the way (feedback to Finless).

The video seems to run at real 1080p. Is the kernel 1080? Because it runs awesomely smooth not like another 1080 kernel Rom I tried before.

Anyway, I hope it helps. Please advice on the dmesg thing to resolve the issue and if you still want me to get the wifi module just tell me what to do and it would be my pleasure. Great work! Thanks!

Oh, and enjoy your beer 12paq!!
    Last edited by avvweb; 01-19-2013, 07:37. Reason: typos

Leave a comment:

• 12paq
    replied
    Re: CyanogenMod 10

Originally posted by avvweb View Post
    Code:
    adb shell dmesg
    And I get this "error: device not found"
    That's usually drivers, cables and/or connection problems. Win drivers for the Android SDK are a frickin headache at times. It's a big time known issue.. When the device is up and running, use ADB Wireless from the Play store it is a lifesaver. Also with the device running, you can execute "su dmesg" without "", from a terminal shell emulator app from (there's one in the app draw).
    I'm doing this from memory and typing on my phone.. but you get the idea. Google is full of answers for command code and ADB stuffs.. I forget all the time..

Time for a Friday night beer, :thumbup:
    Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• avvweb
    replied
    Originally posted by fldc View Post
    Bluetooth isn't working, i'm working on adding support right now, and give me an output of your dmesg and possibly the wifi module from your stock rom and i'll try to add support for it
    I have executed this command (I google it):
    Code:
    adb shell dmesg
    And I get this "error: device not found"

As you can see I'm not a linux/android expert. But I'm a fast learner!!

About the wifi module, if you tell me what to do I will.

Leave a comment:

• 12paq
    replied

Originally posted by fldc View Post
    Thank you very much for your great feedback,.

1. I've always been able to wake the device up, but see if you can connect with adb and get some logs if it happens again.
    2. Are you using some special kind of keyboard?
    3. I've setup an usb hub here and took out all kinds of peripherals here, i will be working on fixing these things as soon as i get bluetooth support working. I did notice the reboot on inserting/removing external sd, haven't looked into it yet. But yeah, give me some logs.
    4. I will look at this too

I will also be looking at unlocking the support for setting cpu frequency and see what can be done about that.
    Cool cool cool
    Most of the peripheral problems were on my end.. except the known sd card mount fail. I'll try to get a dmesg. How are you getting ADB? My linux box is in another room, lol..

On CWM if the correct partition mapping is laid out, I bet the sd and even the ext sd volumes could be mounted and then nandroid backups would work. Right now as you likely know, the sd volumes won't mount so backups fail. More fun!

Leave a comment:

• player911
    replied
    A solid Bluetooth solution would be the cats meow. It seems lots of people are finding Bluetooth more important then originally thought. Bluetooth seems to be the last hurdle with the MK808.

Very awesome to see some fresh minds. I have 3 different BT adapters, with 2 more being shipped that I can test with. I'm not sure what chipset they use off the top of my head. I have this thread bookmarked and will be following it closely. Let me know if I can help in any way.

Leave a comment:

• fldc
    replied
    Originally posted by 12paq View Post
    Flashed the new CM10 rom and its quite nice.

1080 output is beautiful
    No lag, very snappy.
    Live wallpaper runs great. (won't eat battery, yay ac power!)
    Netflix works awesome and seems higher resolution then on my Roku box, ymmv.
    Wifi rock solid and strong
    I am not a gamer, don't ask me lol
    Ui is pure AOSP CM10 sleek and nice with many options. Not all CM options are there but most are
    Market, apps and all that jazz are as solid as any rom on your phone or tablet
    Kernel seems to be locked at 816mhz min and 1008mhz max, with only these two slots (no biggie on an ac powered device)
    There seem to be governor and scheduler options but I did not try verify if they change.
    In performance settings the max cpu speed reports 1680mhz and it is NOT at 1680mhz but it got my attention, lol

*Possible* bugs:
    1. Screen timeout is set to never but when I changed it to time out I could not wake the device. Tried it again and I *could* wake the device. Will test more, but way minor, may not be a bug at all.
    2. On initial boot as stated you go to recovery and need to select reboot. My mouse and keyboard were not recognized so I unplugged the device and powered it back on and the rom booted.
    3. I could not hot swap any usb devices or usd cards. When I tried the device crashed. *note there are to possible settings I have yet to enable that might fix this, I have not tried this yet.
    Edit: a non issue, all works well.
    4. Themes are a no go. And are no big deal.

Really this build seems almost 100% to me. Initially, I am very impressed, but who the hell am I?

Overall I would say this CM10 based build kicks ass. Well done man.

Btw, I have the last_kmsg from the usb hotswap crash. If you need it let me know.

Thank you very much for your great feedback,.

1. I've always been able to wake the device up, but see if you can connect with adb and get some logs if it happens again.
    2. Are you using some special kind of keyboard?
    3. I've setup an usb hub here and took out all kinds of peripherals here, i will be working on fixing these things as soon as i get bluetooth support working. I did notice the reboot on inserting/removing external sd, haven't looked into it yet. But yeah, give me some logs.
    4. I will look at this too

I will also be looking at unlocking the support for setting cpu frequency and see what can be done about that.

Leave a comment:

• fldc
    replied
    Originally posted by avvweb View Post
    In case anyone is interested, I flashed this into my MK808B.

No surprises here, the wifi and bluetooth didn't work. I will try with an ethernet adapter to check PlayStore and other things. What I am really interested is in Netflix in HD quality.

I'll keep you posted.
    Bluetooth isn't working, i'm working on adding support right now, and give me an output of your dmesg and possibly the wifi module from your stock rom and i'll try to add support for it

Leave a comment:

• 12paq
    replied

Originally posted by flynreelow View Post
    How's 1080p video streaming? What player seems to work the best? Mx, vlc, etc? Any sync issues with picture and sound
    I don't have any 1080p to stream via my network or the device. What I did stream was over the internet. I would hazard a guess that it is awesome, as good or better. You should just flash it and try!

Leave a comment:

• flynreelow
    replied
    How's 1080p video streaming? What player seems to work the best? Mx, vlc, etc? Any sync issues with picture and sound

Leave a comment:

• 12paq
    replied
    Originally posted by ffoxin View Post
    does it have mouse support? i have no pointer while using logitech mouse via unifying wireless module.
    My radio logitech mouse worked, also a wired mouse worked. But my cheap keyboard touch pad didn't.

Leave a comment:

• ffoxin
    replied
    does it have mouse support? i have no pointer while using logitech mouse via unifying wireless module.

Leave a comment:

• 12paq
    replied

Flashed the new CM10 rom and its quite nice.

1080 output is beautiful
    No lag, very snappy.
    Live wallpaper runs great. (won't eat battery, yay ac power!)
    Netflix works awesome and seems higher resolution then on my Roku box, ymmv.
    Wifi rock solid and strong
    I am not a gamer, don't ask me lol
    Ui is pure AOSP CM10 sleek and nice with many options. Not all CM options are there but most are
    Market, apps and all that jazz are as solid as any rom on your phone or tablet
    Kernel seems to be locked at 816mhz min and 1008mhz max, with only these two slots (no biggie on an ac powered device)
    There seem to be governor and scheduler options but I did not try verify if they change.
    In performance settings the max cpu speed reports 1680mhz and it is NOT at 1680mhz but it got my attention, lol

*Possible* bugs:
    1. Screen timeout is set to never but when I changed it to time out I could not wake the device. Tried it again and I *could* wake the device. Will test more, but way minor, may not be a bug at all.
    2. On initial boot as stated you go to recovery and need to select reboot. My mouse and keyboard were not recognized so I unplugged the device and powered it back on and the rom booted.
    3. I could not hot swap any usb devices or usd cards. When I tried the device crashed. *note there are to possible settings I have yet to enable that might fix this, I have not tried this yet.
    Edit: a non issue, all works well.
    4. Themes are a no go. And are no big deal.

Really this build seems almost 100% to me. Initially, I am very impressed, but who the hell am I?

Overall I would say this CM10 based build kicks ass. Well done man.

Btw, I have the last_kmsg from the usb hotswap crash. If you need it let me know.

Last edited by 12paq; 01-18-2013, 20:37.

Leave a comment:

• avvweb
    replied
    In case anyone is interested, I flashed this into my MK808B.

No surprises here, the wifi and bluetooth didn't work. I will try with an ethernet adapter to check PlayStore and other things. What I am really interested is in Netflix in HD quality.

I'll keep you posted.

Leave a comment:

• pancho22
    replied

Last time I tried CM10 on my MK808 it would not play much videos. Plex was lagging real bad, had no sounds and Netflix wasn't working at all. Apart from that it was amazing. Is it gonna be thew same if I flash this ROM? Also, is DTS working?

Thank you

Sent from my MK808 using Tapatalk HD

Leave a comment:

Working...
X