• Show
Clear All

• 12paq
    replied
    Originally posted by flynreelow View Post
    Code:
    (
    U install this yet?
    I will this AM. I built new antennas for my mk808 last night, and ran out of day with family and work. Looks like we need some clear feedback, so I will flash and report back. Don't look to me for comparisons, while i know CM10 well from other devices, I really only had Bob's (very awesome) Finless for ½ day, but if something seems broken I will mention it nicely to help the devs.

@Bob, thanks for the history on the secure/insecure boot.img. Good to know and interesting too!

Leave a comment:

• fldc
    replied
    Originally posted by endera View Post
    1. what do you mean?
    "the display on the monitor disappears and comes back in a very short time"
    or
    "display comes and goes"
    or
    "display on the monitor flickers"
    2. same as above?
    "Getting back to the main menu"
    3. bluetooth support is in the kernel, but i haven't tested this, so this is something i need to fix then.
    [/QUOTE]

Ok, so the sleep timeout is somehow borked? haven't noticed this myself, but i'll look in to that.
    So you mean you want the second mouse button mapped to back?

Leave a comment:

• fldc
    replied
    Originally posted by Finless View Post
    CWM and OTA updates of kernel can be a problem. The reason is most modded ROMs, kernel is by itself e.g. kernel.img and cannot be replaced in this state by CWM. Kernel needs to be inside recovery and boot.img in order to be able to update a new kernel.

For a long time no one could figure out how to sign boot.img and recovery.img and what the rockchip signing keys were. This ROM modders were always stuck extracting kernel from boot.img at a minimum to make a new ROM. UNTIL RECENTLY! _fun from XDA finally figured it out. So future updates can now possibly include kernel

Bob
    Ok, i'll need to investigate this then

Leave a comment:

• endera
    replied
    mk808

1. what do you mean?
    "the display on the monitor disappears and comes back in a very short time"
    or
    "display comes and goes"
    or
    "display on the monitor flickers"
    2. same as above?
    "Getting back to the main menu"
    3. bluetooth support is in the kernel, but i haven't tested this, so this is something i need to fix then.[/QUOTE]

Leave a comment:

• fldc
    replied
    Originally posted by endera View Post
    FW installed today ...
    (-) The screen also has an instant loss.
    (-) Back to the mouse buttons do not work.
    (-) No support for bluetooth ..
    (+) fast
    1. what do you mean?
    2. same as above?
    3. bluetooth support is in the kernel, but i haven't tested this, so this is something i need to fix then.

Leave a comment:

• endera
    replied
    FW installed today ...
    (-) The screen also has an instant loss.
    (-) Back to the mouse buttons do not work.
    (-) No support for bluetooth ..
    (+) fast

Leave a comment:

• flynreelow
    replied
    Originally posted by 12paq View Post
    nice.
    Code:
    (
    U install this yet?

Leave a comment:

• Finless
    replied
    Originally posted by fldc View Post
    Yes, that was my thought, also ota updates.
    CWM and OTA updates of kernel can be a problem. The reason is most modded ROMs, kernel is by itself e.g. kernel.img and cannot be replaced in this state by CWM. Kernel needs to be inside recovery and boot.img in order to be able to update a new kernel.

For a long time no one could figure out how to sign boot.img and recovery.img and what the rockchip signing keys were. This ROM modders were always stuck extracting kernel from boot.img at a minimum to make a new ROM. UNTIL RECENTLY! _fun from XDA finally figured it out. So future updates can now possibly include kernel

Bob

Leave a comment:

• 12paq
    replied
    nice.

Leave a comment:

• fldc
    replied
    Very cool. Thanks.
    Will future build be flashable via CWM?

Leave a comment:

• 12paq
    replied
    I'ts no problem, the partition table is only defined by a kernel parameter

Trebuchet yes.

I haven't actually played around witc cwm much, i tried wiping and using a flashable zip, it's pretty much unmodified source on most parts, but things should be fine.

Very cool. Thanks.
    Will future build be flashable via CWM?

I am doing some hardware antenna mods at the moment, but when i get back up i will post my findings if relevant. And logs if any. oh, and thanks for posting the source. I'll take a look later.

Really excited! I just got my MK808 yesterday, lol. Been compiling self kangs for manta and grouper, but still noobing hard on build changes, lol. This device seems young on development and I really love what Bob has started here. Big fun!

Leave a comment:

• flynreelow
    replied
    yes, someone flash it, i got a mail from someone not able to boot this after flashing, seems strange as this works just fine on my device, need some feedback.
    I would, but no access to the pc today. Just my Mac.

Leave a comment:

• fldc
    replied
    Originally posted by flynreelow View Post
    Flash this and let me know. Really curious to see how well CM 10 works on the mk808.
    yes, someone flash it, i got a mail from someone not able to boot this after flashing, seems strange as this works just fine on my device, need some feedback.

Leave a comment:

• fldc
    replied
    Sweet! I'm watching this closely.

Looking for feed back on 1080
    Wifi stability
    Kernel heat
    Easy of use with externals
    Trebuchet launcher I presume? No prob, I like Nova..
    CWR fully funtioning? Nandroid?

Oh hell, I just flashed Bob's .. might as well flash this and see for myself. Hold my calls. Lol

Edit: since this has new partitions tables that necessitate a NAND wipe, I am assuming a flash back to Bob's Finless rom would rebiuld the partitions? I will look at the scripts.. but in case I cannot tell, is flashing back and forth no biggie between roms with different partitions? And recoveries for that matter.. ? Thanks.
    I'ts no problem, the partition table is only defined by a kernel parameter

Trebuchet yes.

I haven't actually played around witc cwm much, i tried wiping and using a flashable zip, it's pretty much unmodified source on most parts, but things should be fine.

Leave a comment:

• fldc
    replied
    Originally posted by Finless View Post
    MK808, MK808B, MX1, and ug802 all use different wifi hardware.

Awesome you can compile kernels! We could use a kernel guy on the Freaktab Dev team
    Interested?

Bob
    Sure, why not

Leave a comment:

Working...
X