1. what do you mean?
    "the display on the monitor disappears and comes back in a very short time"
    or
    "display comes and goes"
    or
    "display on the monitor flickers"
    2. same as above?
    "Getting back to the main menu"
    3. bluetooth support is in the kernel, but i haven't tested this, so this is something i need to fix then.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
      CWM and OTA updates of kernel can be a problem. The reason is most modded ROMs, kernel is by itself e.g. kernel.img and cannot be replaced in this state by CWM. Kernel needs to be inside recovery and boot.img in order to be able to update a new kernel.

For a long time no one could figure out how to sign boot.img and recovery.img and what the rockchip signing keys were. This ROM modders were always stuck extracting kernel from boot.img at a minimum to make a new ROM. UNTIL RECENTLY! _fun from XDA finally figured it out. So future updates can now possibly include kernel

Bob
      Ok, i'll need to investigate this then

Comment

Originally posted by endera View Post
        1. what do you mean?
        "the display on the monitor disappears and comes back in a very short time"
        or
        "display comes and goes"
        or
        "display on the monitor flickers"
        2. same as above?
        "Getting back to the main menu"
        3. bluetooth support is in the kernel, but i haven't tested this, so this is something i need to fix then.
        [/QUOTE]

Ok, so the sleep timeout is somehow borked? haven't noticed this myself, but i'll look in to that.
        So you mean you want the second mouse button mapped to back?

Comment

Originally posted by flynreelow View Post
          Code:
          (
          U install this yet?
          I will this AM. I built new antennas for my mk808 last night, and ran out of day with family and work. Looks like we need some clear feedback, so I will flash and report back. Don't look to me for comparisons, while i know CM10 well from other devices, I really only had Bob's (very awesome) Finless for ½ day, but if something seems broken I will mention it nicely to help the devs.

@Bob, thanks for the history on the secure/insecure boot.img. Good to know and interesting too!

Comment

Re: CyanogenMod 10

Last time I tried CM10 on my MK808 it would not play much videos. Plex was lagging real bad, had no sounds and Netflix wasn't working at all. Apart from that it was amazing. Is it gonna be thew same if I flash this ROM? Also, is DTS working?

Thank you

Sent from my MK808 using Tapatalk HD

Comment

In case anyone is interested, I flashed this into my MK808B.

No surprises here, the wifi and bluetooth didn't work. I will try with an ethernet adapter to check PlayStore and other things. What I am really interested is in Netflix in HD quality.

I'll keep you posted.

Comment

Flashed the new CM10 rom and its quite nice.

1080 output is beautiful
                No lag, very snappy.
                Live wallpaper runs great. (won't eat battery, yay ac power!)
                Netflix works awesome and seems higher resolution then on my Roku box, ymmv.
                Wifi rock solid and strong
                I am not a gamer, don't ask me lol
                Ui is pure AOSP CM10 sleek and nice with many options. Not all CM options are there but most are
                Market, apps and all that jazz are as solid as any rom on your phone or tablet
                Kernel seems to be locked at 816mhz min and 1008mhz max, with only these two slots (no biggie on an ac powered device)
                There seem to be governor and scheduler options but I did not try verify if they change.
                In performance settings the max cpu speed reports 1680mhz and it is NOT at 1680mhz but it got my attention, lol

*Possible* bugs:
                1. Screen timeout is set to never but when I changed it to time out I could not wake the device. Tried it again and I *could* wake the device. Will test more, but way minor, may not be a bug at all.
                2. On initial boot as stated you go to recovery and need to select reboot. My mouse and keyboard were not recognized so I unplugged the device and powered it back on and the rom booted.
                3. I could not hot swap any usb devices or usd cards. When I tried the device crashed. *note there are to possible settings I have yet to enable that might fix this, I have not tried this yet.
                Edit: a non issue, all works well.
                4. Themes are a no go. And are no big deal.

Really this build seems almost 100% to me. Initially, I am very impressed, but who the hell am I?

Overall I would say this CM10 based build kicks ass. Well done man.

Btw, I have the last_kmsg from the usb hotswap crash. If you need it let me know.

Last edited by 12paq; 01-18-2013, 20:37.

Comment

does it have mouse support? i have no pointer while using logitech mouse via unifying wireless module.

Comment

Originally posted by ffoxin View Post
                    does it have mouse support? i have no pointer while using logitech mouse via unifying wireless module.
                    My radio logitech mouse worked, also a wired mouse worked. But my cheap keyboard touch pad didn't.

Comment

How's 1080p video streaming? What player seems to work the best? Mx, vlc, etc? Any sync issues with picture and sound

Comment

Originally posted by flynreelow View Post
                        How's 1080p video streaming? What player seems to work the best? Mx, vlc, etc? Any sync issues with picture and sound
                        I don't have any 1080p to stream via my network or the device. What I did stream was over the internet. I would hazard a guess that it is awesome, as good or better. You should just flash it and try!

Comment

Originally posted by avvweb View Post
                          In case anyone is interested, I flashed this into my MK808B.

No surprises here, the wifi and bluetooth didn't work. I will try with an ethernet adapter to check PlayStore and other things. What I am really interested is in Netflix in HD quality.

I'll keep you posted.
                          Bluetooth isn't working, i'm working on adding support right now, and give me an output of your dmesg and possibly the wifi module from your stock rom and i'll try to add support for it

Comment

Originally posted by 12paq View Post
                            Flashed the new CM10 rom and its quite nice.

1080 output is beautiful
                            No lag, very snappy.
                            Live wallpaper runs great. (won't eat battery, yay ac power!)
                            Netflix works awesome and seems higher resolution then on my Roku box, ymmv.
                            Wifi rock solid and strong
                            I am not a gamer, don't ask me lol
                            Ui is pure AOSP CM10 sleek and nice with many options. Not all CM options are there but most are
                            Market, apps and all that jazz are as solid as any rom on your phone or tablet
                            Kernel seems to be locked at 816mhz min and 1008mhz max, with only these two slots (no biggie on an ac powered device)
                            There seem to be governor and scheduler options but I did not try verify if they change.
                            In performance settings the max cpu speed reports 1680mhz and it is NOT at 1680mhz but it got my attention, lol

*Possible* bugs:
                            1. Screen timeout is set to never but when I changed it to time out I could not wake the device. Tried it again and I *could* wake the device. Will test more, but way minor, may not be a bug at all.
                            2. On initial boot as stated you go to recovery and need to select reboot. My mouse and keyboard were not recognized so I unplugged the device and powered it back on and the rom booted.
                            3. I could not hot swap any usb devices or usd cards. When I tried the device crashed. *note there are to possible settings I have yet to enable that might fix this, I have not tried this yet.
                            Edit: a non issue, all works well.
                            4. Themes are a no go. And are no big deal.

Really this build seems almost 100% to me. Initially, I am very impressed, but who the hell am I?

Overall I would say this CM10 based build kicks ass. Well done man.

Btw, I have the last_kmsg from the usb hotswap crash. If you need it let me know.

Thank you very much for your great feedback,.

1. I've always been able to wake the device up, but see if you can connect with adb and get some logs if it happens again.
                            2. Are you using some special kind of keyboard?
                            3. I've setup an usb hub here and took out all kinds of peripherals here, i will be working on fixing these things as soon as i get bluetooth support working. I did notice the reboot on inserting/removing external sd, haven't looked into it yet. But yeah, give me some logs.
                            4. I will look at this too

I will also be looking at unlocking the support for setting cpu frequency and see what can be done about that.

Comment

A solid Bluetooth solution would be the cats meow. It seems lots of people are finding Bluetooth more important then originally thought. Bluetooth seems to be the last hurdle with the MK808.

Very awesome to see some fresh minds. I have 3 different BT adapters, with 2 more being shipped that I can test with. I'm not sure what chipset they use off the top of my head. I have this thread bookmarked and will be following it closely. Let me know if I can help in any way.

Comment

Originally posted by fldc View Post
                                Thank you very much for your great feedback,.

1. I've always been able to wake the device up, but see if you can connect with adb and get some logs if it happens again.
                                2. Are you using some special kind of keyboard?
                                3. I've setup an usb hub here and took out all kinds of peripherals here, i will be working on fixing these things as soon as i get bluetooth support working. I did notice the reboot on inserting/removing external sd, haven't looked into it yet. But yeah, give me some logs.
                                4. I will look at this too

I will also be looking at unlocking the support for setting cpu frequency and see what can be done about that.
                                Cool cool cool
                                Most of the peripheral problems were on my end.. except the known sd card mount fail. I'll try to get a dmesg. How are you getting ADB? My linux box is in another room, lol..

On CWM if the correct partition mapping is laid out, I bet the sd and even the ext sd volumes could be mounted and then nandroid backups would work. Right now as you likely know, the sd volumes won't mount so backups fail. More fun!

Comment

Working...
                                X