Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smart phone app to control android TV box

Hi all,

I am pretty new to the world of android and TV players however I have bought 2 and learning how to develop myself and help others later on.

I have the basic remotes which came with boxes but I understand we can use some apps on android or apple to operate the boxes which is a better user experience.

Can some one advise which apps are best to control android TV boxes (I am using M8 and CS968) which will work on my apple and android phones?

Many thanks for your reply in advance.

Regards
    Rob

[QUOTE=robert.uk77;230878]Hi all,

I am pretty new to the world of android and TV players however I have bought 2 and learning how to develop myself and help others later on.

I have the basic remotes which came with boxes but I understand we can use some apps on android or apple to operate the boxes which is a better user experience.

Can some one advise which apps are best to control android TV boxes (I am using M8 and CS968) which will work on my apple and android phones?

Many thanks for your reply in advance.

Regards

I use have used Droidmote for the past year with my Minix X7 and my Tronsmart MK908ii and think its pretty good. Search in the Playstore for it. There are two parts for it, one that you download to your box (called server i think) and another one you download to your phone (called client i think). One half of it is free and the other half is a few dollars.

I bascially use the mouse pointer part of it and the keyboard in it. When you connect it to your wifi just select the Search button rather than typing in the IP address, way easy once I found that out. It seems to work without the wifi turned on in android on the box as I am connected to my router with ethernet cable and the wifi turned off. Also in the setting set it up to boot on startup so you can use your phone straight away without havign to find your other remote to start the droidmote app.

Comment

Working...
    X