Some Android games not recognizing ethernet as a network connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some Android games not recognizing ethernet as a network connection

Hi, I have a Minix X8-H and was trying out some games like Ashphalt 8. Anyway, I have my box connected through Ethernet since my house wired. But when I launch Ashphalt 8, it says that it HAS to download stuff over WiFi.

I switched it over to WiFi (which is not that strong in the basement) and away it went...downloading whatever it needed.

My question is: "Is this problem an Android app thing and/or is there something I can do on my Minix to have apps see Ethernet as a viable network connection as well?"

I was hoping someone new the answer to this its stupid having to turn wifi on to install games

Comment

From what I remember from listening to one of my app developer friends, that decision is up to the individual game designer.

Since almost everything on Android is developed with a phone or tablet in mind, nothing really comes with a wired Ethernet connection. The app is going to look for the fastest connection possible, which in it's mind is going to be a choice between WiFi and cellular (which doesn't exist).

So to answer your question, I'm pretty sure this is an app thing.

Disclaimer: Not a programmer...even a little bit anymore. Anyone with experience coding is encouraged to correct me.
      Site: AndroidPCReview.com
      YouTube

Comment

Here is the solution to everyone's problem.
        Also install exposed framework and enable this module.

Comment

Thanks for the replies....I'm going to look into that Fake Connection apk. I hate wasting the fact that I paid to get my house wired and having to revert back to WiFi.

Comment

Just a quick note....The Fake WiFi app/hack is exactly what is needed for these Android TV boxes. If the standard Android environment only has WiFi and wireless data, this is not required...but for these Android boxes, I think this is a MUST. I'm sure there are tons of apps out there that for one reason or another will require a "Internet" connection that it recognizes...and that won't be Ethernet.

Thanks mo123

Comment

Working...
            X