Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best android tv box for gaming and XBMC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If your a hardcore gamer you may be dissapointed with nvidia shield but the experince is great and the subscription is awsome if your a casual gamer.

Comment

Which games are available on Android TV box ?

Comment

Originally posted by Dylan Cooper View Post
        Which games are available on Android TV box ?
        Hi ,

i play Games like : DeadTrigger/DeadTrigger2/Unkilled/Shadowgun/Nova3/WalkingWarRobots/

BeachBuggyRacing/BulletForce/ForwardAssult and many more ..... , but you must know only

playable with Gamepad or similar Input Keyboard/Mouse , if Game supports it , and for some

of the Games u must use a Keymapper App , example , Sixaxis , Octopus , Tincore ......

hope it helps / greetings / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi ,

i play Games like : DeadTrigger/DeadTrigger2/Unkilled/Shadowgun/Nova3/WalkingWarRobots/

BeachBuggyRacing/BulletForce/ForwardAssult and many more ..... , but you must know only

playable with Gamepad or similar Input Keyboard/Mouse , if Game supports it , and for some

of the Games u must use a Keymapper App , example , Sixaxis , Octopus , Tincore ......

hope it helps / greetings / gefattern
          Wow, thats a big list

Comment

This is my experience playing on android boxes...

I'm a android box fan since 2016, and now I have 4 boxes scattered in my house. In Brazil it's very hard to find a premium quality box, need to be imported and sometimes the import taxes is too expensive. So the options are normally low budget generic boxes like MXQ boxes (my first one).

In all this time I tried to play games, Android native or retro via emulator (mostly).

My best box was a Beelink MINI MXIII-II, for me a quality box, Amlogic S905X quad-core with Mali-450 GPU. I tryied to play some PSP games via PPSSPP, mostly Resistance: Retribution, but FPS was so low - about 7 or 8 with normal PPSSPP config, that was impossible.

So I bought a Sunvell T95Z Plus, Amlogic S912 octa-core with Mali-T820 (2G RAM version), with hope that the game will be playable with this octa-core and GPU boost. But the outcome was just a small improvement, now I can run at wonderful 10 FPS!!!

So, for me this is the limit. I can't buy a Shield. The hundreds of boxes out there have same or lower SoC specs. So, I really think that, to play better games, or wee need some quality-trusted-tested-optimized boxes like the regular cellphones today, or we need to wait a little while....

Comment

Originally posted by Zeka View Post
              This is my experience playing on android boxes...

I'm a android box fan since 2016, and now I have 4 boxes scattered in my house. In Brazil it's very hard to find a premium quality box, need to be imported and sometimes the import taxes is too expensive. So the options are normally low budget generic boxes like MXQ boxes (my first one).

In all this time I tried to play games, Android native or retro via emulator (mostly).

My best box was a Beelink MINI MXIII-II, for me a quality box, Amlogic S905X quad-core with Mali-450 GPU. I tryied to play some PSP games via PPSSPP, mostly Resistance: Retribution, but FPS was so low - about 7 or 8 with normal PPSSPP config, that was impossible.

So I bought a Sunvell T95Z Plus, Amlogic S912 octa-core with Mali-T820 (2G RAM version), with hope that the game will be playable with this octa-core and GPU boost. But the outcome was just a small improvement, now I can run at wonderful 10 FPS!!!

So, for me this is the limit. I can't buy a Shield. The hundreds of boxes out there have same or lower SoC specs. So, I really think that, to play better games, or wee need some quality-trusted-tested-optimized boxes like the regular cellphones today, or we need to wait a little while....
              Hi ,

why you not buy a old PS3 , there are still so many games to play for it , most Games have 720p

but still good , nearly same games to play as on PPSSPP , and offline possible , if TVBox RK3399

or new AML 922X , or similar ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

hmm..
                1. the amlogic 900 series.. are limited to 1.4 GHz.. making the emulating experience a bad one
                on YouTube there are reviewers that show you what TV boxes do emulating.. good or bad like user : ETA prime
                2. most tvboxes are in closed boxes.. no airflow..overheat..throttle making emulating a bad experience
                So, if you are a into gaming/emulators.. add a coolmod to your unit
                3. there are operating systems dedicated to emulating and kodi
                like : libreelec / coreelec / lakka / retropie / ... that will in most cases give a better experience then android does
                4. alternatively a Intel PC with a older nvidia card can give you a better emulating/kodi experience
                like installing : android x86 / libreelec x86 / BlissOs x86 / PrimeOs x86 / Lakka x86 / ... on your Pc ( note : android x86 rarly works on AMD PC's )
                5. alternatively you can also buy a nes/SNES/PS classic box.. then add modd.. to install more emu games

well... end rant here
                Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

why you not buy a old PS3 , there are still so many games to play for it , most Games have 720p
                  Good morning! I had a PS3, sold when my son was born in 2012.
                  Then in 2016 we wanted to play some platform or hack'slash games - a 4 year old kid can only play at most some SNES games... we was happy but now I wanted to play some FPS
                  But I know, it's asking too much for the box, and most of the time they are used to watch movies etc.

But thanks gefattern and @mitchell4you, it's important to align expectations with this boxes!
                  Last edited by Zeka; 04-15-2019, 14:30.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeka View Post

Good morning! I had a PS3, sold when my son was born in 2012.
                    Then in 2016 we wanted to play some platform or hack'slash games - a 4 year old kid can only play at most some SNES games... we was happy but now I wanted to play some FPS
                    But I know, it's asking too much for the box, and most of the time they are used to watch movies etc.

But thanks gefattern and @mitchell4you, it's important to align expectations with this boxes!
                    Hi ,

the Hints from :

are good , for sure if you still want to use Android , you can

use Point 3 from SD , two Systems for your needs , one on SD ,

Android on Box , many Users playing Emulators this way ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

I want to buy the model MAG324w2 set-top box on switchonshop. Has anyone used such a model?

Comment

Originally posted by Kati7 View Post
                        I want to buy the model MAG324w2 set-top box on switchonshop. Has anyone used such a model?
                        Hi ,

if you want more Info , look on YT & big Brother G , then you can decide ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Working...
                        X