Android TV Player Mame4Android Setups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Android TV Player Mame4Android Setups

I am still trying to figure out how to get Mame4Android up and running on my minix x5. It boots and I have finally gotten it to recognize some of the roms. IT is just very slow going to get it running right. Anyone have any tips or suggestions?

Originally posted by mrfunnyman View Post
    I am still trying to figure out how to get Mame4Android up and running on my minix x5. It boots and I have finally gotten it to recognize some of the roms. IT is just very slow going to get it running right. Anyone have any tips or suggestions?

So I tried this whole MAME thing about a year ago. For some reason the roms for MAME4android don't exist. There is some application that your supposed to use on PC MAME roms that will reformat them for M4A. Hoever I could never get that to work after many many months of trying so I gave up.

However I will try again and see if I can crack that. Give me a week or so as I have a regular job and a family so getting stuff done in the evenings can be daunting and this seems to be a real head scratcher.

Comment

Originally posted by reddragon72 View Post
      So I tried this whole MAME thing about a year ago. For some reason the roms for MAME4android don't exist. There is some application that your supposed to use on PC MAME roms that will reformat them for M4A. Hoever I could never get that to work after many many months of trying so I gave up.

However I will try again and see if I can crack that. Give me a week or so as I have a regular job and a family so getting stuff done in the evenings can be daunting and this seems to be a real head scratcher.
      Yeah from the Play store I gathered this ... just unclear on how that works after I download the software. Also I saw a youtube which mentions www.theoldcomputer.com for this romset but still no luck.

MAME4droid uses only MAME4droid & iMAME4all uses only '0.37b5', 'GP2X, WIZ 0.37b11 mame romset'. Use "clrmame.dat" file included in /sdcard/ROMs/MAME4all/ to convert romsets from other MAME versions to the ones used by this version, using ClrMAME Pro utility, available in this URL:http://mamedev.emulab.it/clrmamepro/MAME4droid will never have "save states" since it is based on a MAME version that does not support it.

Comment

I'm currently using mame4droid reloaded. It is working great with my USB gamepad, but I have the x-arcade dual joystick coming Friday, and I can't wait to test it out with my X5.

The main problem trying to get the roms to work is the right neogeo bios, the necessary files for capcom games, and others.

Some awesome person on XDA has converted all the roms to work with mame4droid reload. Here is the link to the forum discussing mame4droid reloaded.

Comment

i am a arcade idiot,
          keep getting new units to fix and rebuild,
          would like to make a real arcade controller for it,
          would be fun,and i have lots of parts

Comment

Originally posted by ammo8996 View Post
            I'm currently using mame4droid reloaded. It is working great with my USB gamepad, but I have the x-arcade dual joystick coming Friday, and I can't wait to test it out with my X5.

The main problem trying to get the roms to work is the right neogeo bios, the necessary files for capcom games, and others.

Some awesome person on XDA has converted all the roms to work with mame4droid reload. Here is the link to the forum discussing mame4droid reloaded.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...519917&page=11
            Sweet ... I will have to try this out later. Please to say the x-arcade works great with the neo x5 and is very responsive. Also I finally got mame4droid working with my rom folder. The biggest problem I had was setting up the default rom folder as once selected the program creates another folder set in that folder so you have to move the roms to that folder withing the original selected folder.

Also I found that I had to configure the buttons on the controller within mame once started as the x-arcade default controller mapping is slightly different than you would expect from the keyboard. I only have the standard model controller and not one with the trackball but I have read with the trackball you also have mouse control within android.

Comment

Working...
            X