How to pair a Wireless Xbox 360 Controller and fix Camera Spin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to pair a Wireless Xbox 360 Controller and fix Camera Spin

Hi I came across this fix on XDA developers, while the xpad setup alone works well for allot of the emulators out there, some of the games are not working with the controller, for instance GTA3 you end up in a continuous spin.

Original thread is here:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1792531

So basically a developer sleeplessninja found a solution to the problem and i have simplified the process and find myself here sharing with the FreakTab community as i now have a perfectly working 360 controller on my MK802III .

Needed Hardware:
    Xbox 360 Wireless Dongle (This is meant for the PC but also works on the Android, and quite lovely on emulators)
    Xbox 360 Wireless Controller
    Instructions:
    Your device must be Rooted firstly and have the xpad.ko module file installed (Most of the custom ROMs her include this Module)
    Also you will need to have RootExplorer app installed you can get that here: Google Play and the two key layout files Attached to post

Unzip the two files Vendor_045e_Product_0291.kl and Vendor_045e_Product_0719.kcm

copy Vendor_045e_Product_0291.kl to you /system/usr/keylayout/ Don't forget to mount the system RW with the button on the to of the screen in RootExplorer.
    Copy
    Vendor_045e_Product_0719.kcm to your /system/usr/keychars/
    Next left click and hold till popup list appears and select permissions and change the permissions to rw-r--r--r do this for both copied files click button on top of screen to change system to RO reboot your device and your controller should now work in games like GTA III and vice city .

Enjoy!

This is not my work I am just sharing a different way of achivng the same outcome as sleeplessninja but without using Terminal and complicated commands please follow the links to the original post and thank Him for his great fix.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by wapvirus; 02-06-2013, 23:43.
    My Device: T-R42
    ROM: Wasser ?????
    Peripherals: 5Port USB-2 Hub : Logitech K700 Keyboard : Buffalo 1TB HDD : 32 GB MicroSD : Wireless Xbox360 Controller : 5amp switch mode power supply

Wapvirus, thanks for the nice find! I am going to add these files to my next ROM.

However question. Should not the .kcm file go into /system/usr/keychars/ like all the other .kcm files?
    You copied both files into /system/usr/keylayout/ and that worked?

Thanks,
    Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
      Wapvirus, thanks for the nice find! I am going to add these files to my next ROM.

However question. Should not the .kcm file go into /system/usr/keychars/ like all the other .kcm files?
      You copied both files into /system/usr/keylayout/ and that worked?

Thanks,
      Bob
      Yes bob I copied both files /system/usr/keylayout/ and I can confirm working with all games that have native gamepad support
      Peripherals: 5Port USB-2 Hub : Logitech K700 Keyboard : Buffalo 1TB HDD : 32 GB MicroSD : Wireless Xbox360 Controller : 5amp switch mode power supply

Comment

made my day,
        now i need to stalk the game stores and kijiji for the adaptor,
        thanks for the pointers,
        still kinda new to this,so like being walked through with the needed info,
        i bow
        BLG

Comment

didnt work for me

I was very excited when in saw this but sadly it didn't work for me thank you

Edit: you were very right Bob you do need to copy the .kcm to /keychars/ I did this and can now confirm its working perfectly thank you both very much!

Comment

Originally posted by assmunche View Post
            Edit: you were very right Bob you do need to copy the .kcm to /keychars/ I did this and can now confirm its working perfectly thank you both very much!
            I thought so. Glad it is working for you! It was not logical to put .kcm files in /keylayout as it wont do anything there.

wapvirus, good find but I think you should update your instructions based on this feedback.

THANKS for all your good input here for everyone!
            Bob
            "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
            "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
            "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
            "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
            "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
            "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
            "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
            "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
            "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by assmunche View Post
              I was very excited when in saw this but sadly it didn't work for me thank you

Thanks i have amended my original post to copy to these folders thanks for testing and replying

Comment

Re: How to pair a Wireless Xbox 360 Controller and fix Camera Spin

I'm looking to hookup my xpad to my mk808 with finless1.7, anyone know if the knockoff USB receivers work, or do I need to get the genuine Microsoft receiver?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Re: How to pair a Wireless Xbox 360 Controller and fix Camera Spin

If you mean x360 wireless receiver I have genuine and knockoff both work with my old mk802iii and my New t-r42 ics n jellybean

Sent from my HTCSensation using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by wapvirus View Post
                    Yes bob I copied both files /system/usr/keylayout/ and I can confirm working with all games that have native gamepad support
                    You are wrong, we need both of .kl and .kcm file for wire or wireless xbox 360 gamepad (0719) and wired xbox 360 gamepad (0291)

Vendor_045e_Product_0291.kcm,
                    Vendor_045e_Product_0291.kl,
                    Vendor_045e_Product_0719.kcm

Vendor_045e_Product_0719.kl

Comment

Working...
                    X