Retro Gaming on MK808B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retro Gaming on MK808B

These are the controllers I tried that have worked so far with my MK808B using Robert Broglia's console emulators as well as MAMEReloaded/4All.

Wired:
    Hori Fighting Stick Mini 3 (PS3)
    Hori Fighting Commander (PS3)
    Madcatz FightPad (X360)

Wireless:
    Madcatz Wireless Fight Pad (PS3 via USB Dongle)
    Nyko PlayPad (BT)
    ThinkGeek 8-Bitty (BT)
    iCade

This thing is just amazing as an emulator box. It's pretty much what I use it for besides being my movie player.

Also since I don't like unplugging the power brick to turn it off, I bought one of these:
    Last edited by DoubleTap; 02-06-2013, 23:27.

Can you use more than one controller for multiplayer gaming? How about 4 player games?

Comment

Originally posted by lion2 View Post
      Can you use more than one controller for multiplayer gaming? How about 4 player games?
      Not sure if you can with the emulators listed before, but you can with RetroArch

I have been using the PS3 version for a long time and the Android version is just as good and it emulates the following:

- PlayStation 1 (emulator: PCSX ReARMed)
      - Super Nintendo (emulator: SNES9x Next)
      - Nintendo Entertainment System (emulator: FCEUmm / NEStopia)
      - GameBoy / GameBoy Color (emulator: Gambatte)
      - GameBoy Advance (emulator: VBA Next)
      - Arcade (emulator: Final Burn Alpha)
      - Neo Geo Pocket Color (emulator: Mednafen NGP)
      - Virtual Boy (emulator: Mednafen VB)
      - Sega Genesis/Mega Drive (emulator: Genesis Plus GX)
      - Sega Master System/Sega Game Gear (emulator: Genesis Plus GX)
      - Sega CD / Mega CD (emulator: Genesis Plus GX)
      - PC Engine / PC Engine CD (emulator: Mednafen PCE Fast)
      - WonderSwan Color / Crystal (emulator: Mednafen Wonderswan)
      - Cave Story (game engine: NX Engine)
      - Doom 1 / Doom 2 / Ultimate Doom / Final Doom (game engine: prBoom)

Comment

Originally posted by lion2 View Post
        Haven't tried it but there are options to map inputs for 1 to 4 players on the emulators I own. Pretty sure you can.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleTap View Post
          Also since I don't like unplugging the power brick to turn it off, I bought one of these:
          http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o01_s00_i00
          And what's the difference between this and unplugging the usb power cable or the adapter?

Comment

Originally posted by Haris1977 View Post
            And what's the difference between this and unplugging the usb power cable or the adapter?
            You don't have power bricks laying around unplugged? I use one for my HDD too.
            It's easier to flip a switch? Imagine flipping a switch vs. trying to plug it in if your power source is in the back of your tv and you have to reach for it. Since the sticks have no switch, you have to do this for both powering on and off. Which is easier?

Yes plugging and un-plugging has the same result but it's basically a convenience and solves what a lot of people call a "first world problem".

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleTap View Post
              You don't have power bricks laying around unplugged? I use one for my HDD too.
              It's easier to flip a switch? Imagine flipping a switch vs. trying to plug it in if your power source is in the back of your tv and you have to reach for it. Since the sticks have no switch, you have to do this for both powering on and off. Which is easier?

Yes plugging and un-plugging has the same result but it's basically a convenience and solves what a lot of people call a "first world problem".
              I agree that it is easier to flip the switch. But the result is the same (brick of the android device). So..the solution would be a physical power off button or an official firmware update with power off function (like the one Bob has done)

Comment

I agree that it is easier to flip the switch. But the result is the same (brick of the android device). So..the solution would be a physical power off button or an official firmware update with power off function (like the one Bob has done)
                I totally agree about the risk of bricking if you just flip the switch or un plugging. I do have a Finless ROM in my stick and power it off using that. When I had the stock rom I downloaded a Power Off/Reboot app.

Even when powering down via the app or rom, you still have to pull the plug out and plug it in if you need to power it up again. Having the switch is so much easier.

Comment

I have better idea this plug can be turn off and on through any IR remote
                  so u can turn it off by finless power off bottom and switch it back by the TV remote
                  http://item.mobileweb.****.com/viewi...id=37531522820

Comment

Originally posted by sameradil406 View Post
                    so u can turn it off by finless power off bottom and switch it back by the TV remote
                    Yes, that's a good idea. I had the same thought.

But - i think- in order to use a google power off/reboot app, mk808B needs to be rooted. I have ordered a mk808B fron GB in 15/01/2013. Do y think this item is rooted or not? (there was a mistake and i dont have it in my hands by now). And if yes, what is the goggle market app called ?

Comment

Originally posted by sameradil406 View Post
                      Thank you! This is way better!

Yes, that's a good idea. I had the same thought.

But - i think- in order to use a google power off/reboot app, mk808B needs to be rooted. I have ordered a mk808B fron GB in 15/01/2013. Do y think this item is rooted or not? (there was a mistake and i dont have it in my hands by now). And if yes, what is the goggle market app called ?
                      The reboot app is located here: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?1050-Reboot-App

Mine was shipped rooted from Geekbuying for some reason, as I just installed the app and worked right away without any permissions.

Comment

I've got some emulator questions I'm hoping someone can answer.

I have an MK808B with finless 1.7 Rom installed, though issues were similar with stock firmware.

I attach a USB controller and it works in the OS, I can load an emulator (NES.emu or something) and I can set all the buttons, but when I load a game the controller won't work. If I unplug and re-plug it while in the game, it then works... for a while or until I restart the emulator or go back to the OS. It does with with my snes controller, Betop PSX controller and my XBOX 360 controller.

Anyone have any similar experiences?

Another related question, can you get triggers or the second stick working on the xbox 360 controller? I've done a ton of searches but can't seem to get a clear answer. I tried USB/BT Joystick app, but doesn't find the controllers on the MK808B....

Sorry if this is a multipart question, but I'm super frustrated having spent days on this, and all I want to really do is sit on my couch and play some old games...

Comment

Originally posted by metri View Post
                          I've got some emulator questions I'm hoping someone can answer.

I have an MK808B with finless 1.7 Rom installed, though issues were similar with stock firmware.

I attach a USB controller and it works in the OS, I can load an emulator (NES.emu or something) and I can set all the buttons, but when I load a game the controller won't work. If I unplug and re-plug it while in the game, it then works... for a while or until I restart the emulator or go back to the OS. It does with with my snes controller, Betop PSX controller and my XBOX 360 controller.

Anyone have any similar experiences?
                          I just had to choose HID 2 as player 1 control in the NES.emu menu (or other app menu) Silly user error. Glad it's figured out now.

Comment

Working...
                          X