OUYA Android Game Console

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you think about this $99.99 OUYA game console? (http://www.ouya.tv/)

OUYA spec
    - NVIDIA Tegra3 quad cores 1GB RAM with 8GB internal memory
    - up to 1080p via HDMI port with 5.1 surround sound
    - WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Ethernet port, also Bluetooth
    - USB port
    - Wireless Bluetooth game controller with integrated touchpad

OUYA feature
    - Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
    - XBMC, Twitch.tv, VEVO, iheartradio, Tunein, Plex and Onlive are available for OUYA
    - Rooting device without voiding the warranty
    - Open-source console, hacker-friendly, OUYA development kit ODK (free download from official website) for game developer

It will be interesting how they handle touch screen only games?
    How do you pinch and zoom like in Angry birds?
    Or maybe they only support games made for the platform?

It is hard to even try to emulate a touch screen because of the many TV resolutions out there. I did not read all the docs but maybe a requirements is 1080 or 720 where they can know and force the screen res and thus emulate a touch screen?

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

OUYA controller with touchpad

I agree with you. I also would like to know how good they can do especially controller with touchpad. My MK808b with sixaxis controller app not capable to emulate touch for playing any touch game.

Comment

What i understand from what the people at Ouya have been saying you should be able to control all games with the game controller that comes with the Ouya, i think that controller got a touchpad on it aswell as all the usual gamepad buttons.

You can start all google play apps on this as i understand, but they also have their own store with Ouya gamepad compatible apps. So if a app want to be in their store they have to add the compability.

Thats just my five cents on the matter, i thinking of buying one this summer.
        Tablets: Asus Transformer pad tf300t | pipo smart s1
        Phones: Samsung Galaxy S2

Comment

They said they will have only "OUYA store" in OUYA game console but since it's hackable system it means you can add Google Play Store easily. I just hope their touchpad can work for every games from Google Play Store not just OUYA store. Also it will be great if they make this console features with powerful Tegra 4 CPU instead of Tegra 3, and I will buy one...

Comment

Originally posted by SpicySaturdayBoy View Post
            They said they will have only "OUYA store" in OUYA game console but since it's hackable system it means you can add Google Play Store easily. I just hope their touchpad can work for every games from Google Play Store not just OUYA store. Also it will be great if they make this console features with powerful Tegra 4 CPU instead of Tegra 3, and I will buy one...
            They will not change from tegra3 to tegra4 so late in developement as it affects alot in the device itself other then more speed.
            Tablets: Asus Transformer pad tf300t | pipo smart s1
            Phones: Samsung Galaxy S2

Comment

Working...
            X