Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I'm kind of lost here... what do you mean with "I patched the touch.zip from Leolas" ?I'm also using BOB's 1.7 on my MK808B and followed the steps to be able to run the init.d touch script and everything seems to be ok... I can see the touch module with LSMOD , I change Sixaxis to -90 but still, touch doesn't seem to work. Should I use the touch version provided by Leolas instead of the module at the begining of the thread ? Cause I don't know what are we talking about when you say "patched" version of touch.Thanks for your help.

Comment

Re: Add touch screen support for Six Axis/Joy Center to my ROMs

Originally posted by Mopheus View Post
      Hi, I'm kind of lost here... what do you mean with "I patched the touch.zip from Leolas" ?I'm also using BOB's 1.7 on my MK808B and followed the steps to be able to run the init.d touch script and everything seems to be ok... I can see the touch module with LSMOD , I change Sixaxis to -90 but still, touch doesn't seem to work. Should I use the touch version provided by Leolas instead of the module at the begining of the thread ? Cause I don't know what are we talking about when you say "patched" version of touch.Thanks for your help.
      The patch is from Bob I only made a cwm flashable zip with his indications. Both methods are the same, Bob made it from android with file manager and I made a flashable zip to be installed by cwm recovery.
      REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
      My devices:
      Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
      MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
      Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
      Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
      Gearbest.com)
      MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
      Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
      Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

So it should work... any ideas then how I can check what could be the problem ? Sixaxis connected my PS3 joy without problems, I created a very simple touch profile but yet, doesn't seem to work... module seems to be loaded (Virtual Touch screen does appear in position 3 on the list when I do a lsmod, can this be a problem ?)... Sixaxis changed to -90... I really don't know what could be wrong... permisions on the files maybe ? But I gave both script and ko full write access to everyone, just in case....

Comment

Originally posted by Mopheus View Post
          So it should work... any ideas then how I can check what could be the problem ? Sixaxis connected my PS3 joy without problems, I created a very simple touch profile but yet, doesn't seem to work... module seems to be loaded (Virtual Touch screen does appear in position 3 on the list when I do a lsmod, can this be a problem ?)... Sixaxis changed to -90... I really don't know what could be wrong... permisions on the files maybe ? But I gave both script and ko full write access to everyone, just in case....

Hi,
          I used Leolas cwm flash zip.
          when i run my six axis controller app (version 6.4)
          TOUCH EMULATION (TYPE B): 0 1920 0 1080
          SUCCESSFULLY CONFIGURED BLUETOOTH
          LISTENING FOR CONTROLLERS.....
          CLIENT 1CONNECTED

can you check if the touch emulation (type b) ...........
          is the same? last time I used Lewy Hybrid ROM the
          number is different.

my one cent idea.
          Brgds
          rico

Comment

Originally posted by ricont View Post
            Hi,
            I used Leolas cwm flash zip.
            when i run my six axis controller app (version 6.4)
            TOUCH EMULATION (TYPE B): 0 1920 0 1080
            SUCCESSFULLY CONFIGURED BLUETOOTH
            LISTENING FOR CONTROLLERS.....
            CLIENT 1CONNECTED

can you check if the touch emulation (type b) ...........
            is the same? last time I used Lewy Hybrid ROM the
            number is different.

my one cent idea.
            Brgds
            rico
            Mine is 0 255 0 255 Which can't be good most likely. Not sure where it's getting pulled from though. I'm pulling the sixaxis off the store. Fresh install. Maybe some place you can set it?

Comment

Originally posted by mwneuendorf View Post
              Mine is 0 255 0 255 Which can't be good most likely. Not sure where it's getting pulled from though. I'm pulling the sixaxis off the store. Fresh install. Maybe some place you can set it?
              That touch emulation type b..... number is the same number I got using Leway Hybrid ROM.

I suggest

1 Fresh Install finless 1.7 720p
              2 Read the CWM recovery for rk3066devices made by Leolas and have CWM on your MK808B
              3 Flash touch zip
              4 Install six axis apps and run, connect the dual shock3 controller .
              I hope you got the touch emulation type b 0 1920 0 1080

Thank you

Comment

Well, mine is also saying 0 255 0 255 !! I think that's the problem... I'm running my device in 720P so I think for some reason is not detecting resolution fine... I'll try to go CMW way (not sure how to do that but will do some searching) to try to flash the Leolas touch.zip instead of Bob's mode and see if that solves my problem. I'll also try playing with screen resolutions to see if that helps or changes anything.In the meantime, if anyone finds a solution, please post it ! I really want my touch emulation... (Although Developers should really start thinking on gamepad support for all games, it's really anoying to think Android is only used with touchscreens these days...)Thanks !

Comment

Re: Add touch screen support for Six Axis/Joy Center to my ROMs

My cwm zip is exactly what Bob says in first post, the honors to him who found the way, I simply made a script in cwm for an easy install, but if follow Bob's steps without errors is exactly the same that my cwm zip does.
                  REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
                  My devices:
                  Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
                  MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
                  Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
                  Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
                  Gearbest.com)
                  MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
                  Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
                  Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

the difference in resolution return numbers makes me think this is a hdmi edid issue. I've seen in other forums returns of the proper resolution numbers 0 1280 0 720 and 0 1920 0 1080 for the sixaxis app and other posters here also. Values like 0 255 0 255 is most likely the TV returning bad values via the HDMI. I'll be emailing the developer of sixaxis. They might be able to do something.

Comment

Originally posted by mwneuendorf View Post
                      the difference in resolution return numbers makes me think this is a hdmi edid issue. I've seen in other forums returns of the proper resolution numbers 0 1280 0 720 and 0 1920 0 1080 for the sixaxis app and other posters here also. Values like 0 255 0 255 is most likely the TV returning bad values via the HDMI. I'll be emailing the developer of sixaxis. They might be able to do something.
                      Well, in my case it is possible actually because I'm not using a TV, I'm using an AAXA M2 Led projector, so I cannot really ensure what EDID is returning to the MK.... I'll do more test changing resolutions tonight to see if maybe in some case, EDID is fine and that fix the problem....Anyway, maybe Sixaxis developers can help on that too.Thanks.

Comment

FYI, flaky HDMI cables can in fact cause bad EDID reads!
                        I have seen it happen and I have 2 cables with that exact problem.

Bob
                        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Well, I tried all the diferent resolutions and cables and no luck, with my projector I cannot get EDID information, or at least it seems so. Tonight I'm gonna try to connect my MK to the TV and see if it works there... but I was really hoping to use it on my projector, so my only hope is Sixaxis fixing the problem (that by the way, it's also affecting USB/BT Joystick Center apk, it seems both uses EDID, cause it also has problems with touch profiles)....Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                            FYI, flaky HDMI cables can in fact cause bad EDID reads!
                            I have seen it happen and I have 2 cables with that exact problem.

Bob
                            Cool. I've got a new cable from monoprice I can try with. Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping it's not the TV. I've read elsewhere that EDID implementation is kind of all over the place...

Comment

Thanks Bob,

Got my mk808b flashed it with your 1.7 rom and added the touch support. Now my (fake) six axis controller works just as well as it does on my galaxy s iii! Great work ,
                              Nova 3 here I come!

Comment

I just try Lewy's ROM 1080p V2.2.2 on my MK808B to create Sixaxis touch profile without problems (Must change oriental offset to -90 degree). You don't need to add touch.ko for this ROM. Lewy already added touch module into ROM ready for use. You just need Sixaxis app and your PS3 controller. My device is MK808B (Original from Geekbuying) connect with LG PB60g projector with PS3 controller (fake PS3 controller by Chromo Inc from Amazon) and Sixaxis app 0.6.4 all work great to create touch profile for game.

Comment

Working...
                                X