Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to configure a Gamepad?

Hi;

I just bought a generic usb gamepad, and I wanted to make it work with my box (Ugoos Ut3). The system and games recognize it, but the dpads and sticks are the only thing working.
    I made some reaserch and apparently, what I'm looking for, is not really discussed: How to MAP a gamepad, for games that DO have gamepad support?

Some people on the net talked about the "usb/bt joystick center" app (which is no longer on google play). I found the app, installed it, but I couldn't make it work, and I ended up loosing functionality on my remote.

I think I was close to configure the gamepad, but I don't want to make a mess with the remote again, so: does anyone know some effective way to configure it??

I've seen a post about it here, but it said it was for android tv...

Thanks in advance.

Tried again with the "usb/bt ..." and I could make the joystick work perfectly. But still, the remote doesn't work properly after...

Comment

Have you tried the tincore key mapper its a little complicated but its a very good app & worth a try
      Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

Originally posted by blinkone View Post
        Have you tried the tincore key mapper its a little complicated but its a very good app & worth a try

Blinkone, thanks for the answer.

Yes, I've been like 3 hours with it yesterday. Looks like could do what I want, but I seriously haven't fond it yet. At least with my gamepad, I can't find the option to MAP the buttons to what I want (for example, if I press "X", in the screen it appears I've pressed "Y"; and I can't find a way to change the setup). I've then found how to change the tincore gamepad, to the P one (Ps3), or the M one (Xbox), and now it's starting to head where I want, but I still have problems with the analogs, and other buttons that are mapped everywhere.

I'd love to make "usb/bt..." work without interfering my remote. The app is simple, and It emulates the PS controller; so my system (and games) think I've inserted a PS controller. That's cool, and pretty simple; and also convenient since I don't have to create a setup for each and every game.

I'll try now with the method that "cheaterel" posted on Gamers Corner, and see if I can make it work...

Comment

Hello,

I have a USB PS2 clone controller that works very well with USB/BT Joystick center and i can play all the GTA games just fine.

My problem is that in my gamepad the right analogue stick the X ad Y Axis are detected Swaped. When i move the stick forward it registers as left and when i move right it registers as down. This problem can we overcomed in USB/BT Joystick center because i can map the buttons as i see fit.

In games that have native gamepad support such as : Shadowgun, Shadowgun; DeadZone, Dead Trigger - MadFinger Games, i can move my character ok but when i try to look aroung using the right analogue stick UP is left and Right is down, so this is rather confusing.

Is there a way to modify keymappings in the native support driver ?

Thanks

Comment

Biomecanoid; I know what you're talking about.

In the end I figured out how to work with Tincore, so I could be able to play games like Real Racing 3 just fine. But the gameloft games don't detect any of my movements, even though detects the gamepad (with Tincore is this).

BUT when I select on Tincore to search for USB CONTROLLERS also, the app finds my gamepad as a usb controller, and works with the gameloft games. BUT the right analog is basically upside down.

I don't know what's the problem with this, but maybe someone that knows more about this stuff can answer.

And about the native support driver, and trying to figure out the same thing. I want to create an internal driver, that can "emulate" my gamepad as xbox 360 one, or ps one, so I don't have to do all this mess with Tincore anymore.

Comment

By the way biomecanoid; have you tried (with BT/USB...) to EMULATE a ps gamepad? It's up on the right side. When I used "BT/USB..." I use to emulate de ps controller, and everything worked great with the sticks.

Comment

I had to make new Keylayout .KL file for my gamepad

Comment

Working...
                X