Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

snes emulator a bit choppy

Hey all,

Yesterday I installed a snes emulator (snes9x EX+). On most games, every 6 seconds or so, the video and audio stutters. Kinda like cpu is temporary overloaded. But that seems unlikely considering the simple task.
    I run the stock rom from geekbuying on my mk808b.
    I also hooked up a usb hub with a usb stick and controller (rumblepad2) hooked up. The mk808B gets power from the usb charger that was shipped with it.
    Any suggestions?

Is the hub a powered hub or just powering off the usb? If just off the usb you maybe having a power issue as the mini PC units need a steady source of clean power and the usb is pulling too much power causing processor instability.

Comment

It does not have an extra power adapter. All the power comes from the power adapter connected to the mk808b. I will try supporting the hub with some other adapter. Only I have no idea what to use. There is a small hole on the side for this but no moreinformation whatsoever. maybe i'll try an old nokia charger.

Comment

Originally posted by tboheeren View Post
        It does not have an extra power adapter. All the power comes from the power adapter connected to the mk808b. I will try supporting the hub with some other adapter. Only I have no idea what to use. There is a small hole on the side for this but no moreinformation whatsoever. maybe i'll try an old nokia charger.

you'll need to remember two things here that are of major importance.

1. make sure the polarity is correct. Meaning the + and - on the hub and the power supply must match.

2. make sure to use a 5V only power adapter. Also the higher the amperage the better but the voltage must be 5V no more no less.

FYI unplug everything from the hub before you put power to it just in case something bad happens. Better to fry the hub only then to take out all the USB devices and the Android stick due to a bad power supply.

Comment

Originally posted by reddragon72 View Post
          you'll need to remember two things here that are of major importance.

1. make sure the polarity is correct. Meaning the + and - on the hub and the power supply must match.

2. make sure to use a 5V only power adapter. Also the higher the amperage the better but the voltage must be 5V no more no less.

FYI unplug everything from the hub before you put power to it just in case something bad happens. Better to fry the hub only then to take out all the USB devices and the Android stick due to a bad power supply.
          Not to be a downer but you may just want to consider buying a powered hub with adapter included. I know too many peple have fried good hubs or pc sticks bc of power issues related to bad ac adapters. As FYI I use Minix X5 and have no lagging issues with same hardware running Finess 1.0 Rom. I did have similar issues with my Imito using unpowered hub.

Comment

Thanks both of you for the valuable information.
            Yesterday I unplugged the Hub from everything and hooked it up to an old nokia charger (believe it was 3.7V and 300mA, the other one I had was 5.7V..). The led of the hub flashed for a second, then went out again. I thought I already fried the stuff but when I hooked it up regularly through USB and pc, everything still works. A bit afraid of trying it again.
            BTW how do you check the + - polarisation if nothing is displayed on the hub?

If I want to have a good powered usb hub, do any of you have a not too expensive suggestions?

(ps i know the adapter should have been 5V exactly like you said, just wanted to try the 3.7V and thought it would not fry because its less than 5, my physics knowledge is limited to what Ive learned in high school and this is a looong time ago :-))

Comment

In most cases you will see a diagram somewhere on the device and plug as below:

Originally posted by tboheeren View Post
              Thanks both of you for the valuable information.
              Yesterday I unplugged the Hub from everything and hooked it up to an old nokia charger (believe it was 3.7V and 300mA, the other one I had was 5.7V..). The led of the hub flashed for a second, then went out again. I thought I already fried the stuff but when I hooked it up regularly through USB and pc, everything still works. A bit afraid of trying it again.
              BTW how do you check the + - polarisation if nothing is displayed on the hub?

If I want to have a good powered usb hub, do any of you have a not too expensive suggestions?

(ps i know the adapter should have been 5V exactly like you said, just wanted to try the 3.7V and thought it would not fry because its less than 5, my physics knowledge is limited to what Ive learned in high school and this is a looong time ago :-))

Comment

Working...
              X