X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first post here

I recently purchased this off of Amazon;

and a wireless keyboard.

Wuill this device pass through HD audio codecs through its HDMI interface?

Hello 3db, Welcome to Freaktab!
    Have a look over here. You may want to make your inquiry there for better results.

Comment

Originally posted by 3db View Post
      I recently purchased this off of Amazon;

and a wireless keyboard.

Wuill this device pass through HD audio codecs through its HDMI interface?
      Short version. No.
      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

Short version. No.
        Is it a hardware limitation or an Android limitation?

Comment

Is it a hardware limitation or an Android limitation?
          That is a good question, I believe it is a firmware limitation. A few manufactures, like Wetek and Zido are able to squeeze HD audio from the Amlogic S812, like yours, but most manufactures don't, including Minix. Of course Minix uses a special version of Kodi that you pay $15 a year for the ability to passthrough HD audio.
          MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

That is a good question, I believe it is a firmware limitation. A few manufactures, like Wetek and Zido are able to squeeze HD audio from the Amlogic S812, like yours, but most manufactures don't, including Minix. Of course Minix uses a special version of Kodi that you pay $15 a year for the ability to passthrough HD audio.
            From my understanding, your stating that it won't stream HD with the Kodi application. Will it stream HD material from a USB drive?

Comment

From my understanding, your stating that it won't stream HD with the Kodi application. Will it stream HD material from a USB drive?
              No HD audio at all. None of my Android boxes will passthrough HD audio.

It is my understanding the new Wetek Core will passthrough HD audio, and it is using the Amlogic S812.

Comment

WeTek Core is using the AMLogic S812-H which has hardware HD audio decoding. It also has Dolby Digital Plus (5.1) and DTS-HD (M6) decoder licenses. Google Certified device (Widevine level 1,2,3) = 1080p HD Netflix and other copy protected video streaming Apps at 1080p HD. It does not play BluRay ISO Rips with HD Audio though. More info on Kodi forum http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=238923
                ​Archos Gen9 A80S cm-11.0
                Kindle Fire 2 cm-11.0

Comment

No HD audio at all. None of my Android boxes will passthrough HD audio.

It is my understanding the new Wetek Core will passthrough HD audio, and it is using the Amlogic S812.
                  The box I ordered also contains the Amlogic S812 chipset. Does this mean it will pass HD audio codecs?

Comment

Working...
                  X