Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Choice

Originally posted by opengl1971 View Post
    I was about to order one of the quad core RK3188 tv sticks but then i saw that the ouya is about
    To be released , so i am having a hard time deciding which one is better , i know it depends on your
    Personal preference and usage , so i am giving here my interests sorted by order:

1-HW acceleration with capability to run 1080p high bitrate movies on 1080 kernel.
    2-Good performance in heavy 3D games (like wild blood , horn , bard's tale)
    3-Community support and custom firmwares which keeps the device interesting.

I saw some ouya videos and if i understand correctly it has on rail experience , meaning that
    You don't have a desktop filled with apps like what you have with the tv sticks , but you have
    Restricted menus that you can run games from or go to web ( i am not sure if this is true as there
    weren't many videos out there) , so if this is true this is a minus for ouya ,that's why i included point
    No. 3 as may be a future custom firmware can give some extra freedom with ouya.

So i am inviting you guys to share your thoughts and opinions so i can learn from them , thanks.
    Hi late reply but for all to look at is my ouya page it shows some hard mods i did for cooling it shimmed and fans to be exact here's my channel http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBfsKCZJlPUMwr6ZoMHgifw

I would have to say i have a rk3188 device it's the king novel k-r42 it's absolutely amazing i used the ouya switching firmware and it is awesome it's a beatiful menu system and has the ouya store thanks to Lewy20041 he has realy made an excellent firmware it behaves as an ouya and xbmc media centre,all the gmail browser and play store are there and it works primarily with a wireless 360 controller.So the choice is yours but i choose the K-r42 with the ouya switching firmware to be honest mate.But you can see my video i know the commentation is poor please forgive me and the video is from a phone normaly so not perfect,but maybe you might think i'd like to mod mine like that? It just broadens the different things you can do with an ouya you may not have seen before?
    What is the world if you don't explore?

Comment

Cool, I'm waiting for a Jesurun DX05, which from what I've read, I think will run k-r42 roms.

Comment

Originally posted by relaxxxrrr View Post
        Cool, I'm waiting for a Jesurun DX05, which from what I've read, I think will run k-r42 roms.
        It's a shame really they managed to update the ouya firmware and kill the ouya custom launcher's ability to work any longer,hopefully they will fix it some day or create a new one that works.
        What is the world if you don't explore?

Comment

Working...
        X