Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Somebody on youtube claims he sells 120 dollar raspberry pi libreelec players, why would anyone be mad enough, to pay that?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somebody on youtube claims he sells 120 dollar raspberry pi libreelec players, why would anyone be mad enough, to pay that?

I came across a YouTube video when looking up Openelec and libreelec, I have always used Kodi or SPMC. I was curious as to what's the difference, but all I see is it is just Kodi in a very small Linux operating system.

Since Android TV Boxes with power supply, remote, cables and box are 30 dollars or less, we why would even new starters, pay so over the odds for a 35 dollar Raspberry Pi based Kodi system? The guy claimed 120 dollars. The buyers must be clueless...

Or am I missing something, I see no technical advantage.

Some non techy people may be willing to pay such a price to have a plug in and go system.

It may well be overpriced to quite a degree but if somebody has the disposal income and values the time that they may think is required to configure it themselves as being greater than that being charged for the service, then they will be happy to pay up.

After all, look at how much people pay for some Apple products.

Somebody out there will have paid the £750 for the top of the line Apple watch.
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Hmm...
      In my country.. the are selling android tvbox's for 310 euro under the moto free tv
      *the boxes look like s802 boxes

Main problems:
      Demand was higher.. then the could deliver (some people waited months)
      Also the free channels stopped working..

The have 30days to fix the issues...then the local consumer agency will group sue them

Comment

Working...
      X