Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you please help me find a device to suit my needs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you please help me find a device to suit my needs?

Hi there.

I'm a little overwhelmed by all the choices out there. I've read that you shouldn't get TV sticks, because they overheat too easily, but I see reviews on YouTube & various forums where they work just fine. I see tons of different models on **** & other places & they all seem capable of doing what I want, but reading reviews just makes me confused. It's like no matter what you pick, someone always says it sucks. lol

I wanted to get a G-Box Midnight MX2, because it has XBMC & you can surf the web & play a few games on it & all that stuff.. But I am questioning getting it, because it's just a dual core & have read that it is a very unstable box. I have also read & watched all the reviews on Amazon & on YouTube that I could find on it. I saw the offers & videos made on GBoxPower.com & GBoxMX2Deal.com.. I emailed them (have not heard anything back as of yet).. etc..

What I'm wanting is something more stable, preferably a quad core, capable of running XBMC.. Not so much for playing content that I already own from a different location on my network, but because I'm interested in the Live TV & streaming options. Navi X, IceFilms, MashUp, Veetle, 1Channel, Project Free TV, Pseudo TV, etc.. I also want to be able to play Netflix & Hulu +.. I also need something with a strong wifi connection (or that can support an outside wifi dongle)... It of course goes without saying that like everyone else, I want the best bang for the buck. I do have a bunch of films (that I actually own) that I will be making available to my network at some point, but it's not the primary reason I want XBMC.

Since reading all the reviews & stuff for the G-Box Midnight MX2, I have been looking at the T-R42 & a few other android boxes. Any help narrowing down the selection for me would be very greatly appreciated & I am sincerely grateful for anyone who offers any response at all.

Thank you for your time!

Why not checkout the 'xbmc' forum?there you can find 'suggestion' 'user-feedback' and 'xbmc supported devices'If you seek Xbmc.. amlogic gives the best picture qualityIf you just seek a cheap xbmc player for -sd/dvd/720p media then any device will probably do "Until XBMC is optimized to run Rocketchip, Allwinner and other processors more effectively the AmLogic based boxes are going to continue to be king. Even the single core AmLogic products and Rasberry pi (MyGica, Pivos, Sumvision,TLBB @ Jynxbox ) are running XBMC better then the newer Quad Core boxes using RocketChip and AllWinner." perhaps.. best of two worlds... quad core and amlogic... atv 1800 ( just a thoughtAnyway.. goodluck

Comment

Originally posted by coconutty View Post
      Hi there.

I'm a little overwhelmed by all the choices out there. I've read that you shouldn't get TV sticks, because they overheat too easily, but I see reviews on YouTube & various forums where they work just fine. I see tons of different models on **** & other places & they all seem capable of doing what I want, but reading reviews just makes me confused. It's like no matter what you pick, someone always says it sucks. lol

I wanted to get a G-Box Midnight MX2, because it has XBMC & you can surf the web & play a few games on it & all that stuff.. But I am questioning getting it, because it's just a dual core & have read that it is a very unstable box. I have also read & watched all the reviews on Amazon & on YouTube that I could find on it. I saw the offers & videos made on GBoxPower.com & GBoxMX2Deal.com.. I emailed them (have not heard anything back as of yet).. etc..

What I'm wanting is something more stable, preferably a quad core, capable of running XBMC.. Not so much for playing content that I already own from a different location on my network, but because I'm interested in the Live TV & streaming options. Navi X, IceFilms, MashUp, Veetle, 1Channel, Project Free TV, Pseudo TV, etc.. I also want to be able to play Netflix & Hulu +.. I also need something with a strong wifi connection (or that can support an outside wifi dongle)... It of course goes without saying that like everyone else, I want the best bang for the buck. I do have a bunch of films (that I actually own) that I will be making available to my network at some point, but it's not the primary reason I want XBMC.

Since reading all the reviews & stuff for the G-Box Midnight MX2, I have been looking at the T-R42 & a few other android boxes. Any help narrowing down the selection for me would be very greatly appreciated & I am sincerely grateful for anyone who offers any response at all.

Thank you for your time!
      If you want hd video playback quad core is best for it mate,i have a k-r42 natively (when standard) it won't do 1080p but flashing it with lewy20041 1.2.1 HFW 1080p firmware it works with 1080p files then,no android is great for surfing the web just capable in a sense,very often youtube and that lark is a pain in the @ss without using a youtube app if it works with it? As flash is not being built sort of monthly for android by adobe any more, they can't be @rsed any more to work on it,it's available but not as a major part of the efforts like it is for windows and linux,,and this makes life hard.Although i can see them turning around to it soon,as why would pc's continue to rule when eventually people can just do the lot on a low wattage tv box?

So there may be alternates to what i suggest (k-r42) that do it better all round but a RK3188 device would be best check some reviews for the most capable RK3188 chipset device taylored for your needs,if you want to get the k-r42 i shall guide you if necissary on flashing it via pm,but believe me it's easy peesy,the rom flashing kit sort of does it all for you a few click process just one click to do the flashing.
      What is the world if you don't explore?

Comment

Working...
      X