Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boot directly picuntu mk808

Hello.

I have a mk808, installed on sd picuntu R. C. 2.2, works perfectly well. Starts Findless 2.2, and ssh, cd /system /bin and ./reboot recovery and boot picuntu.
    My question is: how could boot directly picuntu?
    I can not program a daily automatic reboot, I have to do it manually.
    Could help me, thanks.

Try "Autorun Linux" https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nlinux.android

A small application created for the sole purpose of auto rebooting to recovery mode if a user does not decide otherwise. Believe me, some people find it useful
    The application runs on each Android startup and asks if the user wants to boot to Linux. Don't click "No" for 15 seconds and you're going straight for Recovery mode.Requires Root/SuperUser access and the 'su' binary in PATH.

Comment

Install Picuntu 4.5 on NAND.

Gets rid of android and put linux on TV stick instead.

No SD card needed!
      Buy me a beer with
      DogeCoin: D6EeoEKcZJL234UhVFRV8Uy6HnfNurBS2y
      or
      BitCoin 17iQsUv7RoWVmDynfBS9qF88NxT4ETvhUn

Comment

Originally posted by tyeo098 View Post
        Install Picuntu 4.5 on NAND.
        Could you recommend a kernel for running the filesystem on NAND on mk808 (rk3066)?

Comment

Compile the 3066 kernel source with

Code:
          CONFIG_CMDLINE="root=/dev/mtdblock2 console=ttyS2,115200 init=/sbin/init loglevel=8 rootfstype=ext4 rootwait mtdparts=rk29xxnand:0x00008000@0x00002000(boot),0x00008000@0x0000A000(kernel),-@0x00012000(system)"
          In the .config file

and this initramfs from galland: https://github.com/Galland/rk30_linu...3.0.36%2B.cpio

Thats all I did to enable NAND on my 3188
          Buy me a beer with
          DogeCoin: D6EeoEKcZJL234UhVFRV8Uy6HnfNurBS2y
          or
          BitCoin 17iQsUv7RoWVmDynfBS9qF88NxT4ETvhUn

Comment

Flash the recovery.img to the kernel partition instead of the recovery partition. This will cause the MK808B to always boot to Linux.

It will, of course, lose the ability to boot to Android until you reflash the Android kernel (you'll need to put it in flash mode via the reset button on the MK808B itself - the flash utilities can't switch it if it isn't running Android).

You could, presumably, flash the Android kernel to the recovery partition, but then you'd have to reboot to recovery from Linux, and I've no idea how you'd do that.

Comment

Boot Picuntu

I would recommend using this:
              Picuntu. Contribute to aloksinha2001/Picuntu development by creating an account on GitHub.

It's from Alok.

It's basically a script you load in rc.local, which checks for a file on the SD Card, if it exists then it boots in recovery.
              If it doesn't exist, then it boots to Android.

This means without the SD Card in, it will boot Android, or without the "switch" file it will boot Android.
              You can then create a simple SM Widget to create the required file in Android and a Linux Desktop shortcut to remove the file.
              You can then toggle between booting Android or Linux.

I've used this with Picuntu on an MX1 and worked great. The link above has a lot of detailed information about setting it up, etc.

Comment

Working...
              X