Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone gotten smooth video playback and working flash video on their *buntu'ed TV sticks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone gotten smooth video playback and working flash video on their *buntu'ed TV sticks?

I have been trying on and off for several days now, to no avail. Regarding video playback, even SMPlayer produces slow and jittery playback on even SD Xvid video. Regarding flash video, the most I could get to was trying to use Chrome's flash player on Chromium, but it does not seem to have an ARM version. Has anyone here gotten either of these two working in a satisfactory manner?

I use mplayer2 for local videos. Uses all cores for processing.
    Buy me a beer with
    DogeCoin: D6EeoEKcZJL234UhVFRV8Uy6HnfNurBS2y
    or
    BitCoin 17iQsUv7RoWVmDynfBS9qF88NxT4ETvhUn

Comment

SMPlayer is a frontend for MPlayer, and it can be set to use all four cores. It makes no difference. About the only thing that sort of works is using SDL as the video renderer, but it does so smoothly only in a window: once you go fullscreen it's back to choppy city. I am seriously considering throwing this to a poor unsuspecting person and just buy a USB Wi-Fi adapter for my TV. It's built-in player is so much better performing it's not even funny.

Comment

Dude, you need to lower your expectations.

This is a quad core 1.6GHz ARM processor.
        Its like having a turbocharged inline 4 cyl engine and complaining that all the V8 Corvettes are beating you in races.

If you want smooth video playback in 1080p for TV purposes, buy an x86 HTPC.
        Buy me a beer with
        DogeCoin: D6EeoEKcZJL234UhVFRV8Uy6HnfNurBS2y
        or
        BitCoin 17iQsUv7RoWVmDynfBS9qF88NxT4ETvhUn

Comment

Working...
        X