Ubuntu for MK908 v3 Device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ubuntu for MK908 v3 Device

Here is my Ubuntu OS for MK908 v3 board. It is working fine but the device consuming more than 3 minutes on every reboot to display its console. When I have tried debian on it, it is booting within a minute.

Please try my images, and please help me speed up its boot process.
    And when I have installed ubuntu-desktop, this device becoming very slow, took lot of time to display login screen and never reached unity desktop after logging in.

-------------------------------------------------------
    I have included every file required (boot, kernel,misc,recovery,system, parameter and loader) . You can flash everything except "backup" using the flash tool.

For wifi please use this command: #insmod /lib/modules/rkwifi.ko
    Resize root partition to max available: #resize2fs /dev/mtdblock2

Download using the following link.
    MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.
    Last edited by goutham414; 10-13-2016, 09:29.

Working, no nfs though :-(

Thank you for your work.

This is the only kernel/image I can get working on my MK908.
    Can you tell me how to build a new kernel (one with dnotify enabled)?

I used the tyeo98 kernel but that doesn't seem to work anymore.

I just can't figure out how to replace your kernel.
    Any help is appreciated

Comment

Hello goutham414 and quinto, do you know others linux distrib which are working on our MK908s ?

Comment

Fixed...

Originally posted by goutham414 View Post
        Here is my Ubuntu OS for MK908 v3 board. It is working fine but the device consuming more than 3 minutes on every reboot to display its console. When I have tried debian on it, it is booting within a minute.

Please try my images, and please help me speed up its boot process.
        And when I have installed ubuntu-desktop, this device becoming very slow, took lot of time to display login screen and never reached unity desktop after logging in.

-------------------------------------------------------
        I have included every file required (boot, kernel,misc,recovery,system, parameter and loader) . You can flash everything except "backup" using the flash tool.

For wifi please use this command: #insmod /lib/modules/rkwifi.ko
        Resize root partition to max available: #resize2fs /dev/mtdblock2

Download using the following link.
        http://www.4shared.com/archive/mMghe..._mk908-v3.html

This issue is fixed, I can boot into ubuntu within 30 seconds, I am using my MK908 as samba & DLNA server.

Comment

This issue is fixed, I can boot into ubuntu within 30 seconds, I am using my MK908 as samba & DLNA server.
          Can you upload it to google drive? 4shared sucks!

Comment

Link

Please use this below link to download new version. I am not able to modify my main post.
            Please don't install xorg and openbox, I am not able to boot the device after I install them. I have tried that 3 times, creating rom from scratch, every time the device won't boot after installing both software.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/d0...buntu-mk908.7z

Edit: Main post updated.
            Last edited by goutham414; 10-13-2016, 09:32.

Comment

Originally posted by quindo View Post
              Thank you for your work.

This is the only kernel/image I can get working on my MK908.
              Can you tell me how to build a new kernel (one with dnotify enabled)?

I used the tyeo98 kernel but that doesn't seem to work anymore.

I just can't figure out how to replace your kernel.
              Any help is appreciated
              Do you want to share the USB Drive attached to MK908 over network??
              I am using my MK908 as server to share my 500GB HDD over network as network drive and as well as dlna server to watch movies on my TV. You can do that by installing samba and rygel on your MK908 (tried minidlna but I am not able to make it work). And the kernel is missing tun.ko module which is used to create VPN tunnel, this tunnel enables us to access our network drive over internet.

Comment

Please use this below link to download new version. I am not able to modify my main post.
                Please don't install xorg and openbox, I am not able to boot the device after I install them. I have tried that 3 times, creating rom from scratch, every time the device won't boot after installing both software.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/d0...buntu-mk908.7z
                I forgot to mention that, now the ubuntu image that I have provided with new link works perfect without any issues. except a bug with xorg and openbox. I have been using it as DLNA and SAMBA servers.

Comment

Any one had any luck installing ftdi_sio for Serial USB drivers on this image? Cheers

Comment

Hello,
                    I am answering an old subject, but I would like to give a second life to my MK908 (Mini-PC Android).

I tested your solution and it works, but the Ubuntu Saucy version is too old, and I would like to install a newer version, such as Trusty or better Xenial, for example.

Can you help me ?

I am curious to understand how you created the files: ubuntu.img, kernel_nand.img, boot.img, package-file, parameter, RK3188Loader (L) _V1.20.bin.

I tried another solution, from "sgjava" (https://github.com/sgjava/ubuntu-mini).
                    But its solution requires to have an Android ROM installed on the MK908 which supports a bootloader with "recovery.img" and which allows to boot on this image!
                    But my ROM does not allow it!

Here, I did a lot of research and attempt to give a second life to my MK908 but I can not!
                    I sincerely hope you can help me!
                    Very cordially.
                    Ricardo

PS: I have some knowledge in Windows and Linux development, and I have both environments.

Comment

Working...
                    X