TRYING TO BACKUP AND RESTORE K-R42 UPGRADED TO UBUNTU 13.10 SAUCY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TRYING TO BACKUP AND RESTORE K-R42 UPGRADED TO UBUNTU 13.10 SAUCY

Hi 1st of all thanks to everyone who made picuntu and all flashing tools for use with my k-r42,and all support given so far is greatly appreciated.

Basically I upgrade my picuntu 4.5 to lubuntu 13.10 saucy I did make a tutorial how I did it,i think you should try it the stability is amazing and the speed increase is phenominal it makes better an already amazing picuntu 4.5, it's an awesome operating system 13.10 saucy.and i have rebuilt the box with the same setup from the tutorial i made in my thread, and i can confirm that it is working 100% as an install guide to upgrade to saucy linux.

The problem has been that even with great help from no_spam_for_me,I both my self and no_spam_for_me cannot get my box to both backup and restore my currnt installation, but it seems through his guidance which has been astounding ,we only seem to be able to backup the install,I have had drawn up a help request thread,and had been guided by no_spam_for_me who had absolutely tried like mad to get me through the process,but now we both agree that there may be a factor that is preventing the restore .
    Even with a completed backup (or so it would appear it is backing it up?) well we both are not 100% sure if it bores down to the error message at 1st boot after restore or not?

I'd simply like a laymans guide if that were remotely possible to do both a backup/restore.
    I am writing via saucy on the box at present.

If you'd be so kind as to take a look on the k-r42 section in the link I would be very greatfull for that,as I am repeatedly killing my installation time and time again with altering and installing incompatible programs and updates.

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...rs-please-help that's the link where we tried everything to back it up and restore it.

Life would be so much easier for everyone if a tool might be used to do the job or a laymans guide on how to do it,i would place the tool or guide in the tutorial with credits to you if it were possible to help out.

Again thanks to all involved in all tools and tutorials i have used to complete the process of getting from lewy20041 HFW 1080p firmware to picuntu 4.5 then up to saucy linux there after,without you guys i could not have devised a method to do it.The guide to install lubuntu saucy salamander 13.10 on the k-r42 is here http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...ANDER-ON-K-R42

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

Something i have picked up on is that during any form of backup it drops wifi,and this rkwifi error came up at boot after the restore of the nand?

I tried unison file sync it's running now,and the thing has droppeed wifi again at around this section on it: wlan0 sec_info
    Which seems ironicaly similar to the nand restore message it outlined rkwifi,now it may be coincidence but i think it may pertain to the general issue? Either that or i'm thinking too far into it?
    Last edited by PHYSC; 02-15-2014, 01:39.
    What is the world if you don't explore?

A little summary what we try (I don't have picuntu):
    Using the parameter information for "partitions"
    Code:
    [B]
    mtdparts=rk29xxnand:[U]0x00008000@0x00002000(boot)[/U],[U]0x00008000@0x0000A000(kernel)[/U],[U]-@0x00012000(system)[/U][/B]
    so we got the correct values for "Start:" and "Count:" for the dump possibility of the new RKAndroidTool 2.1
    => http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post146019

BUT after flashing these three parts with RKAndroidTool 1.37 PHYSC get some problem at startup...
    => http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post146065
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Try this tool:

Comment

Working...
      X