Solution for RK3188-T FlashScreens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solution for RK3188-T FlashScreens

First of all this is not my patch is rdavenpo's patch from github, thanks man.

This is a kernel for RK3188-T without FlashScreens problems. and overclock.

https://github.com/rdavenpo/Linux3188
    Just FYI - that kernel is undervolted and overclocked to 1.7GHz, sorry I forgot. I haven't had any issues on my 3188T @ 1.7GHz, but hardware can be different of course.

To turn off overclock:

echo 1416000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq

To wake up wifi AP6210:

sudo insmod /lib/modules/rkwifi.ko

Thanks rdavenpo for all!

Kernel Working with:

802IV RK3188T and linuxium RFS, debian.

I think, not a compiled kernels, but .config files parameters, that fix flash screens bug are more important. When one knows what parameter is responsible for this bug, it would be not a problem to compile one's own kernel with needed wifi driver and init string.
    I personally used shaan_npl config file to compile my kernel from aloksinha source. Just changed wifi driver to AP6210 and all works fine with my MK908II and picuntu 4.5 installed to NAND.
    But I only used this file for compiling and don't know what concrete parameter is causing bug (or causing fix for it).

Comment

i'm agree but i dont have.config with the parameters ^^

Originally posted by Gorch View Post
      I think, not a compiled kernels, but .config files parameters, that fix flash screens bug are more important. When one knows what parameter is responsible for this bug, it would be not a problem to compile one's own kernel with needed wifi driver and init string.
      I personally used shaan_npl config file to compile my kernel from aloksinha source. Just changed wifi driver to AP6210 and all works fine with my MK908II and picuntu 4.5 installed to NAND.
      But I only used this file for compiling and don't know what concrete parameter is causing bug (or causing fix for it).

Comment

Hi!

I'm absolute noob in compiling but i think this might be the thing you are looking for: https://www.miniand.com/forums/forum...-solved?page=1

Comment

Originally posted by jumika View Post
          Hi!
          I'm absolute noob in compiling but i think this might be the thing you are looking for: https://www.miniand.com/forums/forum...-solved?page=1

I doubt, that the problem is in "CONFIG_LCDC0_IO_18V" and "CONFIG_LCDC1_IO_18V" options. Rather enabling "CONFIG_LCDC0_RK3188=y" and "CONFIG_LCDC1_RK3188=y" simultaneously is the solution. These options are enabled in shaan_npl and radxa rock configs, that do not contain this flashing bug, as people say here. On the contrary "CONFIG_LCDC0_IO_18V"/"CONFIG_LCDC1_IO_18V" options are not enabled in these config files.
          Nevertheless this is a task, we need to confirm. I'll try to compile standart picuntu config from aloksinha source, only enabling this options and will test a little.

Comment

I doubt, that the problem is in "CONFIG_LCDC0_IO_18V" and "CONFIG_LCDC1_IO_18V" options. Rather enabling "CONFIG_LCDC0_RK3188=y" and "CONFIG_LCDC1_RK3188=y" simultaneously is the solution. These options are enabled in shaan_npl and radxa rock configs, that do not contain this flashing bug, as people say here. On the contrary "CONFIG_LCDC0_IO_18V"/"CONFIG_LCDC1_IO_18V" options are not enabled in these config files.
            Nevertheless this is a task, we need to confirm. I'll try to compile standart picuntu config from aloksinha source, only enabling this options and will test a little.
            Was it ever confirmed that this can fix blinking screens with Picuntu 4.5 kernel and 3188-T?
            RKM MK802 IV Stick (RK3188T 2G/8G)

Comment

Originally posted by zero_x12 View Post
              Was it ever confirmed that this can fix blinking screens with Picuntu 4.5 kernel and 3188-T?
              I compiled a pair of kernels with this fix, but I'm using wired connection with LAN adapter on my stick now. It seems, that this bug doesn't appears, when wifi is not in use, thus I cannot test this fix now. You can do it, and I'll appreciate your report. I uploaded these kernels here.

Comment

Hi:
                I've downloaded the kernel but flashing into recovery brings no boot from sdcard. Can someone explain how to boot from recovery (the kernel into recovery partition) and RFS on SDCARD?
                Can someone provide a recovery.img to do that?

I've compiled lots of kernel and never managed to boot that way

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by xinux View Post
                  Kernel Working with:

802IV RK3188T and linuxium RFS, debian.
                  [/FONT][/COLOR]
                  If i flash your kernel to the recovery, and i put a linux rfs into the SD card,will it work? or should i put it into the SD card itself with a command such as:
                  "sudo dd if=kernel.img of=/dev/mmcblk0 conv=sync,fsync seek=$((0x2000+0x4000))" ?
                  thank you very much for your work!

Comment

Originally posted by tziga View Post

If i flash your kernel to the recovery, and i put a linux rfs into the SD card,will it work? or should i put it into the SD card itself with a command such as:
                    "sudo dd if=kernel.img of=/dev/mmcblk0 conv=sync,fsync seek=$((0x2000+0x4000))" ?
                    thank you very much for your work!

Yep Just try it^^

Comment

Working...
                    X