Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internal bluetooth mk908 ap6210 working

Hi all,

Browsing the forums I could not find how to make the internal bluetooth on my mk908 AP6210 work, so I guess more people want to know (correct me if this was already working in picuntu and the likes, I'll remove this post).

The people working on the cubietruck did the following (all credits go there):
    Get the following files:
    nvram_ap6210.txt (rename to nvram_AP6210.txt, mind capitals!, put it where your current nvram_AP6210.txt is, probably /system/etc/firmware)
    bcm20710a1.hcd

Download and compile brcm_patchram_plus.c.
    Now enter the following commands (you need bluez installed):
    Code:
    rfkill unblock all
    brcm_patchram_plus -d --patchram /etc/firmware/bcm20710a1.hcd --enable_hci --no2bytes /dev/ttyS0 &
    hciconfig hci0 up
    The brcm_patchram_plus command should give a lot of hex on the screen, if not it is not called correctly. After this hci0 should be up on your ap6210!

whether this method can be applied in mk802IV?.
    I've put bcm20710a1.hcd + nvram_AP6210.txt into /system/etc/ firmware.
    $ sudo brcm_patchram_plus -d - patchram /system/etc/firmware/bcm20710a1.hcd - enable_hci - no2bytes / dev/ttyS0 & hciconfig hci0 up
    Can not get device info: No such device
    I am very noob and I do not understand : Download and compile brcm_patchram_plus.c
    thanks

Comment

Originally posted by liacell View Post
      whether this method can be applied in mk802IV?.
      I've put bcm20710a1.hcd + nvram_AP6210.txt into /system/etc/ firmware.
      $ sudo brcm_patchram_plus -d - patchram /system/etc/firmware/bcm20710a1.hcd - enable_hci - no2bytes / dev/ttyS0 & hciconfig hci0 up
      Can not get device info: No such device
      I am very noob and I do not understand : Download and compile brcm_patchram_plus.c
      thanks
      If mk802IV has ap6210 it should work.
      A few questions from me to pinpoint the problem:
      - Did you reboot after putting the new nvram_AP6210.txt?
      - Is wifi working on your mk802iv with the updated nvram_AP6210.txt?
      - Did you do 'sudo rfkill unblock all'?
      - What is the output of 'rfkill list'?
      - Did you have a lot of output from brcm_patchram_plus or does it hang after a few lines?
      - Did you wait with hciconfig until the patchram was complete (should take 2~3 seconds) or did you put both commands together on the cmdline?

rfkill and hciconfig require root priviliges (sudo), brcm_patchram_plus probably not (but it would not hurt either).

good luck!

edit: Ah I see you had problems compiling brcm_patchram_plus, so maybe you are using an old version that does not support all the flags needed. Here is the executable I compiled using the source from the first post:
      MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

Comment

Originally posted by biemster View Post
        If mk802IV has ap6210 it should work.

edit: Ah I see you had problems compiling brcm_patchram_plus, so maybe you are using an old version that does not support all the flags needed. Here is the executable I compiled using the source from the first post:
        https://mega.co.nz/#!ZRMEGTCI!iRaxjI...9C6g8TCnLSjw2E

YES! It does work on a mk802IV with ap6210 after a reboot (linuxium 12.04)

Many-many-many thanks!

Comment

hi @biemster
          yes my MK802IV ==>ap6210
          tuk@TUK:~$ rfkill list
          0: ap6330: Bluetooth
          Soft blocked: no
          Hard blocked: no
          1: phy0: Wireless LAN
          2: brcmfmac-wifi: Wireless LAN
          download https://mega.co.nz/#!ZRMEGTCI!iRaxjI...9C6g8TCnLSjw2E and
          -tuk@TUK:~/Downloads$ brcm_patchram_plus -d --patchram /system/etc/firmware/bcm20710a1.hcd --enable_hci --no2bytes /dev/ttyS0
          -brcm_patchram_plus: command not found
          what is wrong? .... sorry had trouble

Comment

==dowble post==
            Last edited by liacell; 03-26-2014, 10:46.

Comment

yes my MK802IV ==>ap6210
              tuk@TUK:~$ rfkill list
              0: ap6330: Bluetooth
              -tuk@TUK:~/Downloads$ brcm_patchram_plus -d --patchram /system/etc/firmware/bcm20710a1.hcd --enable_hci --no2bytes /dev/ttyS0
              -brcm_patchram_plus: command not found
              what is wrong? .... sorry had trouble
              Well first thing it seems you have an ap6330 and not a ap6210. This firmware will probably not work on an ap6330, and the driver will not pick up the new nvram_AP6210 since it will read the AP6330 file.
              And second you might have to use ./brcm_patchram_plus (mind ./ in front) or change permissions of the file using 'chmod 744 brcm_patchram_plus'

good luck!

Comment

I had to disassemble the casing and see ap6210, for wifi is already live.
                MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

-tuk@TUK:~/Downloads$ sudo chmod 744 brcm_patchram_plus
                -tuk@TUK:~/Downloads$ sudo ./brcm_patchram_plus -d --patchram /system/etc/firmware/bcm20710a1.hcd --enable_hci --no2bytes /dev/ttyS0
                and show :
                writing
                01 03 0c 00
                writing
                01 03 0c 00
                repeatedly

This process took almost a 40minute, and is still running.
                i stop it.. ctrl+c...... and did not happen.

Comment

I had to disassemble the casing and see ap6210, for wifi is already live.
                  -tuk@TUK:~/Downloads$ sudo ./brcm_patchram_plus -d --patchram /system/etc/firmware/bcm20710a1.hcd --enable_hci --no2bytes /dev/ttyS0
                  and show :
                  writing
                  01 03 0c 00
                  writing
                  01 03 0c 00
                  repeatedly

This process took almost a 40minute, and is still running.
                  i stop it.. ctrl+c...... and did not happen.
                  It should only take a couple of seconds. If this 01 03 0c 00 repeats a couple of times, you can kill the process since the chip is not responding. I find it really odd that rfkill shows ap6330 while ap6210 is written on the chip?
                  Can you post the output of 'dmesg|grep -i bt' and 'dmesg|grep -i nvram'?

Comment

hi me again ...
                    I use this method on minix neo x7 ... I do not know what the chipset is inside .. but it works..then I open a Blueman...bluetooth on.. but when I connect the phone does not occur relationship. when I stop by ctl + c and
                    and show :
                    writing
                    01 03 0c 00
                    writing
                    01 03 0c 00
                    repeatedly
                    repeat the above process and same as above mk802IV..

Comment

my minix x7tuk@TUK:~$ dmesg|grep -i bt
                      [ 0.309368] rk29sdk_wifi_bt_gpio_control_init: init finished
                      [ 2.159482] usbcore: registered new interface driver kbtab
                      [ 2.159523] kbtab: v0.0.2:USB KB Gear JamStudio Tablet driver
                      [ 2.570878] [BT_RFKILL]: Enter rfkill_rk_init
                      [ 2.570948] [BT_RFKILL]: Enter rfkill_rk_probe
                      [ 2.571008] [BT_RFKILL]: init gpio
                      [ 2.571041] [BT_RFKILL]: Request irq for bt wakeup host
                      [ 2.571092] [BT_RFKILL]: ** disable irq
                      [ 2.571126] [BT_RFKILL]: setup rfkill
                      [ 2.571212] [BT_RFKILL]: Enter rfkill_rk_set_power
                      [ 2.571250] [BT_RFKILL]: Set blocked:1
                      [ 2.571279] [BT_RFKILL]: bt shut off power
                      [ 2.593019] [BT_RFKILL]: ap6330 device registered.
                      [ 48.033387] [BT_RFKILL]: Enter rfkill_rk_set_power
                      [ 48.033408] [BT_RFKILL]: Set blocked:0
                      [ 48.033432] [BT_RFKILL]: Enter rfkill_rk_sleep_bt
                      [ 48.033470] [BT_RFKILL]: *** bt sleep: 0 ***
                      [ 48.093029] [BT_RFKILL]: bt turn on power
                      tuk@TUK:~$ dmesg|grep -i nvram
                      [ 3.680070] NVRAM_PATH = /system/etc/firmware/nvram_AP6330.txt
                      [ 55.446151] dhdsdio_write_vars: Download, Upload and compare of NVRAM succeeded.
                      [ 62.149469] dhdsdio_write_vars: Download, Upload and compare of NVRAM succeeded.
                      [ 66.848814] dhdsdio_write_vars: Download, Upload and compare of NVRAM succeeded.

Comment

in my mk802iv :
                        ^Ctuk@tuk:~$ dmesg |grep -i bt
                        [ 0.300921] rk29sdk_wifi_bt_gpio_control_init: init finished
                        [ 3.629965] [BT_RFKILL]: Enter rfkill_rk_init
                        [ 3.630056] [BT_RFKILL]: Request irq for bt wakeup host
                        [ 3.630122] [BT_RFKILL]: ** disable irq
                        [ 3.654698] [BT_RFKILL]: bt shut off power
                        [ 3.654743] [BT_RFKILL]: ap6210 device registered.
                        [ 43.714757] [BT_RFKILL]: ENABLE UART_RTS
                        [ 43.824679] [BT_RFKILL]: DISABLE UART_RTS
                        [ 43.824699] [BT_RFKILL]: bt turn on power
                        tuk@tuk:~$ dmesg |grep -i nvram
                        [ 4.637061] NVRAM_PATH = /system/etc/firmware/nvram_AP6210.txt
                        [ 47.687398] dhdsdio_write_vars: Download, Upload and compare of NVRAM succeeded.

Comment

in my mk802iv :
                          [ 43.824699] [BT_RFKILL]: bt turn on power
                          tuk@tuk:~$ dmesg |grep -i nvram
                          [ 4.637061] NVRAM_PATH = /system/etc/firmware/nvram_AP6210.txt
                          [ 47.687398] dhdsdio_write_vars: Download, Upload and compare of NVRAM succeeded.
                          So your mk802iv has ap6210, bt is switched on (probably by the rfkill unblock command) and the correct nvram_ is selected. Your minix neo has ap6330 and the corresponding nvram_ is selected, which is not the nvram_AP6210 from the first post. So on the minix it probably does not work as intended.

But now you say that on the minix (with ap6330) it works, but not on your mk802iv (with ap6210)? That is really odd..
                          Let's focus on the mk802iv (because that is the one this should work for), does the brcm_patchram command show a lot of output or does it hang at 00 03 0c 00?

PS. do not kill the process after it finishes, you should leave it running idle (that's why there is the & at the end).

Comment

Pairing OK, no input from keyword

Hi All,

This hack (almost) works on a mk802iv with ap6210: using last Linuxium's Ubuntu 12.04 RFS, I managed to pair an Apple Bluetooth keyboard. However, nothing happens when I press a key.

Any help welcome.

EDIT: the logs show that there is a problem with the bluetooth process when the keyboard connects:

[493190.430524] init: bluetooth main process (1727) killed by ABRT signal
                            [493190.430671] init: bluetooth main process ended, respawning
                            Last edited by dkcm; 04-08-2014, 09:33.

Comment

Working...
                            X