Linux with mali support is here for RK3188

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
    - At Linux I use vnc and ssh (telnet) BUT for that you need LAN or WiFi (NO OTG)
    So to make things clear(er) to use Linux one has to have an ethernet adapter so that to SSH Linux and hopefully (through SSH and VNC) enable bluetooth and *then* pair a bluetooth mouse/kb so that to connect a bluetooth mouse and *then* enable wifi so that we won't have a dongle lying around and finally (when all of the above is completed) have a fully functioning linux setup which can be controlled locally.

Is that it? Because it seems quite complex for something as simple, I though/hoped that usb was installed/enabled so -through OTG- one could connect a proper mouse/kb and from then on do as his heart pleases...

edit: I have a will lan adapter which according to post #25 (from the thread you posted) uses an asix 88772 chip. I connected it though an OTG adapter but I got nothing from my router (it does not even "see" that a device is connected). The Kernel I use is the one offered above (the one included in this update.img: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B99O...G85YUNKLXNqdFE )

Comment

VNC and SSH is only to work via PC at your tablet... (not more, not less)

'radxa-linuxium-mali-bootloader.7z' then you have to ask linuxium if he included the asix support (but normally I think so)...
      RK3288 Devices
      - Overview BOX (LINK !)
      - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
      UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
      Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
      Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
      Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

VNC and SSH is only to work via PC at your tablet... (not more, not less)

'radxa-linuxium-mali-bootloader.7z' then you have to ask linuxium if he included the asix support (but normally I think so)...
        Yes I understand those but once pairing a mouse and a keyboard through Bluetooth one won't i have local control of my setup (mouse & kb).

Comment

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean...
          I think you have NO bluetooth, so what do you mean?
          I think only way at the moment to be able to work with the Linux is to attach a USB Keyboard and Mouse to your tablet (I think also a Wireless Keyboard or something like that via 2,4Ghz-dongle)...
          RK3288 Devices
          - Overview BOX (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
          Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
          Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
          Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean...
            I think you have NO bluetooth, so what do you mean?
            I think only way at the moment to be able to work with the Linux is to attach a USB Keyboard and Mouse to your tablet (I think also a Wireless Keyboard or something like that via 2,4Ghz-dongle)...
            I said that I find it quite strange that the only real way to "control" my linuxium setup is through VNC. I also said (in my first post actually) that OTG is out.

OTG means USB on the go and it is an adapter (and some drivers in android) which let's you connect USB devices to your tablet/phone. By saying that OTG does not work is synonymous to saying that USB does not work in my tablet as I have only one USB port and in android I use that port to connect mice and keyboards but in Linux either the port or my OTG adapter refuse to work so I'm not sure how I would be able to enter the password as I cannot connect my keyboard. You told me that I should try VNC but before buying an ethernet adapter i want to be sure that my USB works under linuxium...

Comment

Sorry, it is a misunderstanding, because normally I (and other users) only use the term 'OTG' in context with flashing tools and/or adb, otherwise I use the term 'USB' ...
              Ok, but if none of your USB ports (and of cause I know OTG is an USB port) works with this Linux kernel at your tablet, generally you can forget it... no keyboard or something like that, no fun... but that's the same at every system...
              (BTW: VNC must be installed and customised before you can use it...)

BTW:
              OTG creates a "dual-role" port that can act as host or peripheral.
              So I think:
              - for keyboard, mouse, USB-to-LAN, USB thumb etc. this port act as host (like the other existing USB port (rk3188 has two host at SoC))
              - connect to PC for flashing or adb this port act as peripheral
              Last edited by no_spam_for_me; 04-29-2014, 02:56.
              RK3288 Devices
              - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

In android we use the word OTG to mean the kind of USB which accepts inputs (either from USB drives or controllers, or, or). Anyway my problem still remains, my USB works great in android (both as input and output) while in linuxium it doesn't . What gives?

In linuxium both hdmi and sd card works. I thought all Rockchip 3188 based SoCs use the same USB why mine doesn't? Or maybe I do something wrong? I both used a powered USB hub and connected my USB Keyboard directly in both occasions it didn't work.

Comment

Hello, so after some research I found where the problem lies... Most of those sticks have two usb ports, one is for OTG the other for External USB devices, unfortunately my device (a chuwi tablet) only has one USB which is solely for OTG. The solutions -seems to me- is quite simple, just tell the kernel that what you designated as "OTG" is actually the "USB" and the problem is solved.

Unfortunately I do not know the simplest of things about kernel writing, so if any dev or anyone who has the slightest idea please do the swap so that I may try the new update.img to my tablet.

BTW the update.img of Raxda stick works wonderfully apart from this USB thing. Oh and if possible please lower the resolution to 720p if possible, it will be made far more compatible with most of my monitors.

Thank you very much and sorry if I'm being a bother.

Comment

this successfully installed on R-BOX (EKB311B) device. Youtube videos very very verrry slow. Kodi or xbmc not installable. Ethernet work. Bluetooth and wifi not work.

Comment

Working...
                    X