Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Linux on RK3188T

Hi dear
    I have netxeon mk809iii(rk3188T, 2/8 gb, AP6210).
    first I have tried picuntu 4.5 for mk802iv everything was working except flickering issue and overscaning of display.
    Overscaning is solved by first thread of linux ports(https://www.freaktab.com/showthread....-Display-Scale)

And after some days I came across a post
    Which solved my flickering issue.(sorry I forget the link for the thread but I have the downloaded kernel and I will post it as soon as possible)
    You can try the kernel from following github.
    Test kernel 3.0.36+ for RK3188. Contribute to rdavenpo/Linux3188 development by creating an account on GitHub.

We should thank him for his great work because as per my knowledge no one could resolve this blinking issue except him(rdavenpo) atleast partially but working with picuntu linux flawlessly.
    Sent from my Multi By Java using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by ani1nonly; 04-15-2014, 08:20. Reason: Overscaning solution and github link for kernel added

Comment

Originally posted by ani1nonly View Post
      Hi dear
      I have netxeon mk809iii(rk3188T, 2/8 gb, AP6210).
      first I have tried picuntu 4.5 for mk802iv everything was working except flickering issue and overscaning of display.
      Overscaning is solved by first thread of linux ports(www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?7948-SCRIPT-Modifying-Display-Scale)

And after some days I came across a post
      Which solved my flickering issue.(sorry I forget the link for the thread but I have the downloaded kernel and I will post it as soon as possible)
      You can try the kernel from following github.
      Test kernel 3.0.36+ for RK3188. Contribute to rdavenpo/Linux3188 development by creating an account on GitHub.

We should thank him for his great work because as per my knowledge no one could resolve this blinking issue except him(rdavenpo) atleast partially but working with picuntu linux flawlessly.
      Sent from my Multi By Java using Tapatalk 2
      To clarify, you have Picuntu 4.5 running with the kernel in your link and there is no screen flashing?

What thread did you find this in? I think i've searched every thread on this website for a solution...

Edit: Is this the thread? http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...light=rdavenpo
      RKM MK802 IV Stick (RK3188T 2G/8G)

Comment

Originally posted by zero_x12 View Post
        To clarify, you have Picuntu 4.5 running with the kernel in your link and there is no screen flashing?

What thread did you find this in? I think i've searched every thread on this website for a solution...

Edit: Is this the thread? http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...light=rdavenpo
        Absolutely right dear.
        This is the thread.
        And one another try it also booted Ubuntu rfs created by linuxium.
        I have just replaced kernel.img and system.IMG with kernel from above link and linuxium Ubuntu rfs. It booted just fine first time. But after restarting there is boot lap.
        I m trying to find out the problem. If you have any suggestion please tell me.

Comment

Hi I've downloaded rdavenpo kernels but flashing into recovery doesn't allow me to boot linux from SDcard. I've tried compiling my own kernel with the 3188T .config but can't boot.
          I just want to boot linux from recovery. Has someone a kernel like that working and ap620 working? Can post your kernels here to test?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by dobellsa View Post
            Hi I've downloaded rdavenpo kernels but flashing into recovery doesn't allow me to boot linux from SDcard. I've tried compiling my own kernel with the 3188T .config but can't boot.
            I just want to boot linux from recovery. Has someone a kernel like that working and ap620 working? Can post your kernels here to test?

Thanks

sdcard boot,check this http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...699#post236699

i'v tried to boot from nand, but failed.the rk30XXX_nand.ko(took form working android rom) didn't work on My rk809III 3188T. report FLT init failed, gmedialoader need up etc.
            have any good idear for nand boot?

Comment

Working...
            X