Best way to Put Linux on CX-919

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best way to Put Linux on CX-919

New to Linux but interested in learning. What is the best way to install Linux on a CX-919 (Original Rk3188) so that the Wifi and BT work? thanks, jim

is this sufficient? https://github.com/rdavenpo/Linux3188

Originally posted by Jimandroidpc View Post
    New to Linux but interested in learning. What is the best way to install Linux on a CX-919 (Original Rk3188) so that the Wifi and BT work? thanks, jim

is this sufficient? https://github.com/rdavenpo/Linux3188
    Have you ever successfully installed linux on a cx-919?

Comment

Also interested in installing linux on this stick

Comment

Hi,

I tried the image from this thread:

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?14827-Easiest-way-to-try-Linux

I used this image for my CX-919 Stick:
        Rikomagic MK802IV New (AP6210)

Works just fine. Also wifi works. I haven't tested bluetooth until now.
        But no Mali support for this image. So you can't play games or something else that needs a graphic card.
        Just put the image with Win32 Disk Imager tool (Win PC) on a sd card. (Better have a fast SD Card!)
        Nothing more to do. You don't have to touch the Nand part of the Android OS System.

The only thing i want to set up now is a boot menu to choose to boot from linux or Android.
        Until now, linux boots from sd card, if the sd card is in the stick. If not the Android OS boots.
        Fine for testing purposes until now, but not my final solution.
        If you want to use linux only, so just leave the card in the stick. If you want to use android again, you have to take the card out from the stick.

Oh, and the linux version is Ubuntu 12.04.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuckmojo667 View Post
          Hi,

But no Mali support for this image. So you can't play games or something else that needs a graphic card.
          Just put the image with Win32 Disk Imager tool (Win PC) on a sd card. (Better have a fast SD Card!)
          Nothing more to do. You don't have to touch the Nand part of the Android OS System.

The only thing i want to set up now is a boot menu to choose to boot from linux or Android.
          Until now, linux boots from sd card, if the sd card is in the stick. If not the Android OS boots.
          If you want to use linux only, so just leave the card in the stick. If you want to use android again, you have to take the card out from the stick.

Hi where is the download link to the image put on sd card I cant find it can you post the link hear..

Edit: found it
          Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

cx-919 clone

Originally posted by Stuckmojo667 View Post
            Hi,

Yes, that is the image I am using for my UGOOS UM2.
            Unfortunately, mine turned out to be one of nasty CX-919 clones and I could not find any working image. The sd image you are referring to is one that I have already tested. I should not have bought it because it was cheap and looked like cx-919.
            Thanks anyway.

Comment

Working...
            X