Picuntu 5.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aloksinha2001 View Post
    Picuntu 5.1 is for dual core /3066 devices only.

We are shortly to release. 5.5 to address the 3188 chipsets and to upgrade to Trusty LTS support.

Alok
    Just checking in - any news on the 5.5 release?

- S

Comment

Picuntu 5.1 on RK3066/APC6210 RikoMagicUSA device.

I have 800 brand RikoMagicUSA, RK3066 sticks with APC6210 wifi that I would like to potentially run Picuntu on in the enterprise for large led screen display of internal corporate data. I don't really need the wifi as we have bought usb ethernet adapters. We were going to run them with Android as they came but corporate IT decided they would only accept them with Linux. ..So now I'm stuck with a pile, 800, dual core sticks, usb adapters and 60 inch LED screens with no way to use them unless perhaps I can load Linux on the device or buy a new mini device to drive the displays.

With 5.1 on the device after boot eth0 with PHY not found . ifconfig will not even run, just a blinking cursor.

Also I cant log in as root as I can with 4.5 with another RK3188 I had laying around.
      12qwaszx only seems to work for "Picuntu" user in 5.1
      With 4.5 on an RK3188 device, (RikoMagic MK802IV) wifi did not work but usb ether adapter was fine.

If I could get 5.1 loaded with ethernet support on the RK3066 sticks I would be able to use them.

Thanks,
      Frank

Comment

can the picuntu 5.1 install on SD and can have the img.tgz for Windows to write on TF card ?

Thanks

Originally posted by aloksinha2001 View Post
        Picuntu 5.1 is for dual core /3066 devices only.

We are shortly to release. 5.5 to address the 3188 chipsets and to upgrade to Trusty LTS support.

Alok

Comment

Would you mind to share how to install the picuntu 5.1 step by step ?

Thanks a lot

Originally posted by neogenesisrevo View Post
          i've installed it on an mk808 rk3066. The install works 100% but then I can't use wifi and I don't know the root password. The only login I know is picuntu/12qwaszx. I tried the desktop version.

Comment

Originally posted by ksng View Post
            Another strange thing is that I got no display at all until I use a kernel tree with it66121 support, and that I need to link hdmi to lcdc0 instead of the default lcdc1. The latest 3.0.101+, for example, which has cat66121 instead of it66121 cannot generate any screen output from my device. I added some dumps and found that probe of the it66121 device fails when using the cat66121 driver.
            I've got your same behavior, please can you share your modified kernel? i really need it.
            thank you so much.

Comment

link for downlad do not work.

Comment

Originally posted by mohamnag View Post
                does any of you have MK809III? I tried to install different versions of picuntu on it but no success
                I installed at mine and works i used the rikomagic software for install the image on nand

Comment

I've successfully installed Picuntu 5.1 on a rk3066 clone. My problem now is how to get Kodi up and running in the device. Any suggestions?

Comment

Working...
                  X