Picuntu 5.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picuntu 5.1

Has anyone tried picuntu 5.1: http://home.g8.net/index.php/14-samp...usty-14-04-lts on an rk3188 device?

I tried.
    After re-flashed the device. I can boot it up. finally, It shows the command prompt (initramfs)
    no login showed, no GUI screen.
    I using imito QX II for the testing

Comment

cool, I have a qx2 too. same problem. I was able to start with picuntu 4.5 and do-release-upgrade twice to get to trusty though, not sure what else is in picuntu 5.1 but if you want the latest ubuntu just upgrade from within 4.5!

Comment

I hope 5.1can enable the mali400.

Comment

Return it back to Android. How to do that ?

ok i have install Picuntu to my mini-pc. I get a communed line with login and password. But i like to have one with gui. What should i do?

Also now when i connect the device to my PC it is not recognized. The thing is i will like to return it back to Android. How to do that ?

Comment

Which picuntu version u installed. 4.5 is fine to me except the GPU driver. It came with a GUI app.

Comment

picuntu 5.1

I can log in no problem but how to remove it and go back to android ?

Comment

does any of you have MK809III? I tried to install different versions of picuntu on it but no success

Comment

Originally posted by avarnaliev View Post
                  ok i have install Picuntu to my mini-pc. I get a communed line with login and password. But i like to have one with gui. What should i do?

Also now when i connect the device to my PC it is not recognized. The thing is i will like to return it back to Android. How to do that ?
                  Hi, I'm prety sure you have installed the non GUI version, try flashing this one: Desktop PicUntu 5.1 wich cames with XFCE desktop

Originally posted by avarnaliev View Post
                  picuntu 5.1

I can log in no problem but how to remove it and go back to android ?
                  You have to flash your device with the proper Android OS. BTW I think this is not the proper place for you to post that.

Comment

i've installed it on an mk808 rk3066. The install works 100% but then I can't use wifi and I don't know the root password. The only login I know is picuntu/12qwaszx. I tried the desktop version.

Comment

Originally posted by conftap View Post
                      Has anyone tried picuntu 5.1: http://home.g8.net/index.php/14-samp...usty-14-04-lts on an rk3188 device?
                      Picuntu 5.1 is for dual core /3066 devices only.

We are shortly to release. 5.5 to address the 3188 chipsets and to upgrade to Trusty LTS support.

Alok

Comment

Originally posted by aloksinha2001 View Post

We are shortly to release. 5.5 to address the 3188 chipsets and to upgrade to Trusty LTS support.

Alok
                        great news...
                        I have a mk908v3 and installed picuntu 4.5, then upgrade to saucy .
                        It is not stable, it reboot itself after (idle) a few hours ( few days if lucky).
                        I cannot find any traces and what caused problem..
                        Really wanna try the 5.5 ..

Comment

Originally posted by kikikaka View Post
                          great news...
                          I have a mk908v3 and installed picuntu 4.5, then upgrade to saucy .
                          It is not stable, it reboot itself after (idle) a few hours ( few days if lucky).
                          I cannot find any traces and what caused problem..
                          Really wanna try the 5.5 ..
                          I also own a mk908v3 bought from China via Internet for around USD35, and none of the picuntu 4.4 or 4.5 images can boot. I then built my own kernel and found that I've to modify arch/arm/mach-rk3188/board-rk3188-box.c to disable CPU frequencies 1.4G or above (i.e. max. freq is 1.2G), and also limit DDR3 speed to 400MHz, otherwise it would certainly crash after running for a few mins to a few hours. One thing strange is that the checkrk3188 app reports a genuine rk3188 when run under Android.

Another strange thing is that I got no display at all until I use a kernel tree with it66121 support, and that I need to link hdmi to lcdc0 instead of the default lcdc1. The latest 3.0.101+, for example, which has cat66121 instead of it66121 cannot generate any screen output from my device. I added some dumps and found that probe of the it66121 device fails when using the cat66121 driver.

wifi doesn't work (yet), but it doesn't matter since I prefer using usb ethernet for stability.

There also seems to be problem with the nand under linux. My rootFS is on micro SD and I can mkfs.ext4 and mount the unused nand partition, but every time when I copied my SD to the nand and tried booting from it (by changing cmdline in .config to root=/dev/mtdblock4), it couldn't boot and also the nand partition would be corrupted. Hence I now have to stick to SD.

BTW, the apt repository of picuntu doesn't seem to be that stable, for example, the repository for picuntu 0.9RC3 which I installed last year for my mk808b is now no longer working. Hence the rootFS I'm now using for my mk908v3 is built by myself based on debian wheezy using debootstrap.

Comment

Re: Picuntu 5.1

Alok
                            Great news! Thank you.

Any clues on the release date?

Sent from my M6 using Tapatalk

Comment

Alok
                              Oh god yes please!!

Comment

Working...
                              X