Building a FreeNas on Rockchip 3188?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Building a FreeNas on Rockchip 3188?

Hello. I've been scanning the internetz mildly after one idea popped out of my mind. "Instead of beeing a sour old man about the Tronsmart T428, that didn't delivered all the expectations i had a year ago, let's make a nas out of it". So, my question is:

Can one use, in my case, a Tronsmart t428 and install http://www.freenas.org/ on it? Maybe with the help of one of the good options mentioned in this thread?

I am tinkering on the idea to put FreeNas on a microSDcard, insert it to the t428 and wambam thank you mam an awesome device. But i havent figured out if FreeNas is somekind of standalone Linuxbased OS or if i can simply install picuntu, xubuntu or lubunutu and go from there.

Maybe baby?

It base on FreeBSD and is compiled for x86 (that's why you only can chose 32 and 64 bit without any hw-platform selection) => http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FreeNAS
    I don't think (not sure) that you can port it to ARM and that the port fits to the kernel (e.g. because of the ZFS-filesystem (but also not sure))...
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Hello, thanks for your reply.

I've learned that FreeBSD is getting ARM support. It seems they allready got support for rk3188 but i can't find image. Only linux code that i can't understand. It's for compiling own kernel i think.

It would be so great to install FreeNAS onto the Tronsmart t428 and let it work as a nas in my home. But it seems this project will not go to the finishline. Dang it.

Someone out there must have been wanting the same thing, aye? Maybe another solution?

Comment

Contact fun_ aka naobsd, i have the idea he was working on porting FreeBSD.

Tapatalked
        if [ $up.post.type = $type.two.lazy.to_use_google ] || [ $up.post.type = $type.silly_question ];
        then mv $user.contact.up.post /.trash; set response($response.type = ignore);
        $user.up.post.ignore_in_future = true; fi;

Comment

I think it is possible to port freenas on arm, but I think it isn't worth it in the end. Zettabyte file system needs a lot of free RAM to work well and our units have only one or two GigaByte.

Comment

Working...
          X