Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a simple way to install Ubuntu 14.04 from Windows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a simple way to install Ubuntu 14.04 from Windows?

Hey guys, I’m new on Linux and last week I’m trying to install Ubuntu 14.04 on my stick.

I have an MK809 III, and it’s basically an RK3188 with AP6210 WiFi. It is fully compatible with MK802IV roms (yes, I’ve tested lots of android roms).

I’ve successfully installed linuxium version, following the tutorial from this thread:

And also had success with picuntu 4.5, following the tutorial from this thread:

I’ve searched on internet, and didn’t find a simple version of 14.04 to install on stick from windows. Everything I found was “ways to make your own distro” using lots and lots of linux commands.

So I’ve tried to make distro update from linuxium’s Ubuntu 12.04 and Xubuntu 13.04, with no luck, and got error messages trying to update from picuntu.

Anyone knows any way to just install Ubuntu 14.04 (don’t need to be exactly ubuntu, it can be xubuntu or other environment), with no complications, like these threads from linuxium or picuntu?

Originally posted by andrevergilio View Post
    Hey guys, I’m new on Linux and last week I’m trying to install Ubuntu 14.04 on my stick.

I have an MK809 III, and it’s basically an RK3188 with AP6210 WiFi. It is fully compatible with MK802IV roms (yes, I’ve tested lots of android roms).

I’ve successfully installed linuxium version, following the tutorial from this thread:

And also had success with picuntu 4.5, following the tutorial from this thread:

I’ve searched on internet, and didn’t find a simple version of 14.04 to install on stick from windows. Everything I found was “ways to make your own distro” using lots and lots of linux commands.

So I’ve tried to make distro update from linuxium’s Ubuntu 12.04 and Xubuntu 13.04, with no luck, and got error messages trying to update from picuntu.

Anyone knows any way to just install Ubuntu 14.04 (don’t need to be exactly ubuntu, it can be xubuntu or other environment), with no complications, like these threads from linuxium or picuntu?

No problem. Flash this >http://dl.radxa.com/rock/images/ubun...315_update.zip
    and apt-get update & apt-get upgrade .
    add to jour distro repo from trusty and apt-get distro-upgrade.
    flycast mk809iii

Comment

Originally posted by taki-arm View Post
      No problem. Flash this >http://dl.radxa.com/rock/images/ubun...315_update.zip
      and apt-get update & apt-get upgrade .
      add to jour distro repo from trusty and apt-get distro-upgrade.
      Thank you for the reply.

I've flashed with this file, it boots and I got lxde properly. But wifi doesn’t work. In picuntu and linuxium it works fine.
      I’ve tried a few things, but no luck.

Here are my logs folder:
      log.zip

Comment

Working...
      X