• Show
Clear All

Some problems with Picuntu 5.1

Hi!

I have installed Picuntu 5.1 on a UG802 (RK3066) and I have some problems:
    1) It can't detect the wifi hw
    2) I can't switch the resolution, only 800x600 is
    available.
    3) If i try to type a command with "sudo" in the console, the console freezes.

Can you help me please?

Thanks!!

did you ever get any answers because that's exactly where I'm at. I have all the same problems.

Comment

Originally posted by neogenesisrevo View Post
      did you ever get any answers because that's exactly where I'm at. I have all the same problems.
      I do not have an UG802 to test, so I am sorry - I will not be able to establish what the specific fault is.

Can you check the dmesg and see whats happening.

Alok

Comment

Picuntu 5.1 on RK3066/APC6210 RikoMagicUSA device.

I have 800 brand RikoMagicUSA, RK3066 sticks with APC6210 wifi that I would like to potentially run Picuntu on in the enterprise for large led screen display of internal corporate data. I don't really need the wifi as we have bought usb ethernet adapters. We were going to run them with Android as they came but corporate IT decided they would only accept them with Linux. ..So now I'm stuck with a pile, 800, dual core sticks, usb adapters and 60 inch LED screens with no way to use them unless perhaps I can load Linux on the device or buy a new minis to drive the displays.

With 5.1 on the device after boot eth0 with PHY not found . ifconfig will not even run, just a blinking cursor.

Also I cant log in as root as I have with Picuntu 4.5 with another RK3188 MK802IV I had laying around.
        12qwaszx only seems to work for "Picuntu" user in 5.1
        With 4.5 on an RK3188 device, (RikoMagic MK802IV) wifi did not work but usb ether adapter was fine. If I could get 5.1 on the RK3066 sticks I would be able to use them.

Thanks,
        Frank

Comment

Would you show how to install 5.1?

Thank

Originally posted by frankmiramonti View Post
          I have 800 brand RikoMagicUSA, RK3066 sticks with APC6210 wifi that I would like to potentially run Picuntu on in the enterprise for large led screen display of internal corporate data. I don't really need the wifi as we have bought usb ethernet adapters. We were going to run them with Android as they came but corporate IT decided they would only accept them with Linux. ..So now I'm stuck with a pile, 800, dual core sticks, usb adapters and 60 inch LED screens with no way to use them unless perhaps I can load Linux on the device or buy a new minis to drive the displays.

With 5.1 on the device after boot eth0 with PHY not found . ifconfig will not even run, just a blinking cursor.

Also I cant log in as root as I have with Picuntu 4.5 with another RK3188 MK802IV I had laying around.
          12qwaszx only seems to work for "Picuntu" user in 5.1
          With 4.5 on an RK3188 device, (RikoMagic MK802IV) wifi did not work but usb ether adapter was fine. If I could get 5.1 on the RK3066 sticks I would be able to use them.

Thanks,
          Frank

Comment

Working...
          X