Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Run Android and Debian Applications on you RK3066 device

Hi,

We are making our unified distribution available for RK3066 devices.
    Here is a clip of how the unified distribution works:

VolksPC's unified Android + Linux distribution gives users the best of both worlds. Android has good games, HD video playback many apps. Debian Linux is good...

You can download this from http://www.volkspc.org/demo/

Regards
    Vasant

I like the concept. Will there be an RK3188 version?

Thanks
    Michael

Comment

Originally posted by mihu View Post
      I like the concept. Will there be an RK3188 version?

Thanks
      Michael
      Now that RK3288 is shipping we will do a RK3288 port.

Vasant

Comment

wifi with chipset rk901

Hi,
        i have an original mk808. Can i use the internal wifi, chipset rk901? On the demo downloadpage i see no link for rk901. Thank you for an answer.

Comment

Originally posted by freaky View Post
          Hi,
          i have an original mk808. Can i use the internal wifi, chipset rk901? On the demo downloadpage i see no link for rk901. Thank you for an answer.
          We don't have this device in house but we can build you a untested version.

Vasant

Comment

That sounds good. I would be very grateful for this. I like to test it out

Comment

That sounds good. I would be very grateful for this. I like to test it out
              O.K we have added the firmware to the demo page. Let us know if you had success.

Vasant

Comment

Thank you MR. VolksPC
                It runs very well. It also runs very stable so far. My sd card does not work first. He has recognized only by formatting with the HP tool. I noticed that the sound does not work properly under linux. First it runs fine after a few minutes i get unfortunately loud noise. It is normal?!

Comment

Thank you MR. VolksPC
                  It runs very well. It also runs very stable so far. My sd card does not work first. He has recognized only by formatting with the HP tool. I noticed that the sound does not work properly under linux. First it runs fine after a few minutes i get unfortunately loud noise. It is normal?!
                  Glad you are up and running. The only issue we have seen with sound (it is documented in the release notes) is that some times there is no audio on Linux. However there is simple work around. You need to switch to Android click on the volume button and switch back to Linux. After that audio works on linux until the next reboot.

What you are reporting is not normal. Does Audio work well with Android ?

Vasant

Comment

Of course i've read the workaround. Sometimes it does not work correctly with the switch. It also does not work with the volume button and crashed one time. (reboot android)
                    Overall, however, it is the best image i had on the stick and its only a demo?

Comment

Working...
                    X