Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Danuntu, a custom Ubuntu distro for android sticks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Danuntu, a custom Ubuntu distro for android sticks!

Hello!
    I have created a custom Ubuntu distro called Danuntu. It can be installed on any device (not only sticks but also tablets) that have a recovery kernel and a Ubuntu kernel ported for their CPU. Here are danuntu's main features in a nicely formatted text column:

Easy to install.
    Danuntu is extremely easy to install. All you need is a windows or linux system (you can even use a SE208BW or a raspberry pi!), your android stick,an internet connection and ten minutes.

Easy to use.
    Danuntu is made to be easy to configure and use.Wireless configuration is simplified by wpa gui, and then you can have fun browsing the internet and playing games!

Lots of flavours.
    Lxde, xfce, gnome, unity and kde desktop versions are aviable. Also a base version without desktops is provided. I am working on the enlightenment e19 desktop flavour.

Pure Ubuntu experience.
    Only a few additional programs are installed and everything is up to date.

Can be installed everywhere.
    Danuntu can be installed not only on rk3066 sticks but also on any other arm(hf) stick, phone or tablet. I am providing danuntu versions without a kernel so that you can install your own.

To install danuntu simply follow the instructions on my danuntu website: http://danuntu.magix.net

Daniil Gentili
    Last edited by danogentili; 10-08-2014, 09:01.

nice thread ..
    greetings

Comment

Originally posted by bobo21 View Post
      nice thread ..
      greetings
      Thanks!
      Last edited by danogentili; 10-08-2014, 16:20.

Comment

what version of ubuntu is it based on ?

Comment

Originally posted by funch View Post
          what version of ubuntu is it based on ?
          Every Danuntu flavour is based on ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Thar except for the unity and gnome flavours that due to hardware/software problems are based on Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin.

Comment

Will this be compatible with RK3288 devices that use their own 3.10 Linux kernels?

Anyone know how to compile ARM Linux XBMC with OpenGL ES support and what media player to use on Linux on RK3066/RK3188/RK3288 devices, VLC, MPlayer and what other settings?

Comment

Working...
            X