Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neeed advice for buying a TV Stick, Needs to operate with Oculus Rift DK2

Hi all

I am busy with a project to use the Oculus rift for FPV flying with a big 3D plane.
    I already have the software running on a simple laptop ( i5 3317U with an intel HD4000 )
    Under Ubuntu14.10. I use Ubuntu14.10 because it supports my video grabber. ( no rebuild of the kernel )
    I wrote software to grab the video and but it with the proper distortions on the Oculus Rift Dk2

The next step for me was getting this software to run on a TV stick, low power and small, ( i need to carry it when flying. I bought a few mounts a go a RK802 IV, and until now I am very disappointed.
    - I can't get Ubuntu to run from NAND ( it seems that I am not the only on ) , only via SSD
    - that is not the wost thing, is the flickering, some how the image is not sable and TV', monitors lose connection. en reinit image disappears and comes back. ( With Ubuntu, and also a little with the stock android )
    - Ubuntu and android don't recognize the Oculus rift DK2.
    - Oculus writes hat it needs HDMI 1.4b , I don't know if this is is really true, or the HDMI 1.4 is enough.

So I want to try to get another TV stick ( or similar , best with female HDMI ).
    But I really don't know which one has the highs success rate :-)
    I need 3D hardware acceleration of the video-cart and a descent amount of CPU power ( I know this is not SMART req. :-) )
    I should be easily powered with a small battery, and should be able to run constantly under load.

I have an open mind at the moment with the MK802 IV mishap.

DB,

it seems that there is only one good solution for me and that is going for a freescale i MX6Q, no as power full as the rockchip stuff, but a lot better support in linux.

DB,

Comment

Working...
    X