[HELP] Home web server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[HELP] Home web server

Hello this is my first post on this forum.
    I found this forum and I'm happy because I need make my home web server with ubuntu 14.04 but I need help with right choice of device. I need something what is not consuming a lot power so I found small HDMI sticks. But I don't know which is best supported (and if you can send me link to **** or dealextreme). And is any good tutorial to install ubuntu server 14.04 on it. Thanks for answers and sorry for maybe stupid questions but I see this first time.

I found this three and I don't know if is something better...

Originally posted by M470 View Post
    Hello this is my first post on this forum.
    I found this forum and I'm happy because I need make my home web server with ubuntu 14.04 but I need help with right choice of device. I need something what is not consuming a lot power so I found small HDMI sticks. But I don't know which is best supported (and if you can send me link to **** or dealextreme). And is any good tutorial to install ubuntu server 14.04 on it. Thanks for answers and sorry for maybe stupid questions but I see this first time.

I found this three and I don't know if is something better...
    I would go odroid-c1 raspberry pi. Or something like that.
    Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Originally posted by prahjister View Post
      I would go odroid-c1 raspberry pi. Or something like that.
      I have 2 RPi and also Banana Pi but it isn't good for server, bpi for bad support and rpi for slow HW.

Comment

Originally posted by M470 View Post
        I have 2 RPi and also Banana Pi but it isn't good for server, bpi for bad support and rpi for slow HW.
        What is the server for?.
        Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

The Banana PI is not that Bad. You can use it with Debain or Open NAS.
          The best ist the Sata Port on it. Also the Ethernet Speed is higher then Raspberry PI.

Comment

Originally posted by prahjister View Post
            What is the server for?.
            Normal WEB server with apache2 php mysql and things like that. And wordpress and phpBB. But in small and fast like it is plausible.

Comment

Originally posted by neomode View Post
              The Banana PI is not that Bad. You can use it with Debain or Open NAS.
              The best ist the Sata Port on it. Also the Ethernet Speed is higher then Raspberry PI.
              Yes, I'm using it like NAS, but it isn't best choice for server.

Comment

Yes that is right but enough for Home use. May be should get one of the ODROID Boards. The C1 as example. But I never see a Board with SATA Port for a Good Price.

Comment

Also please tell us more to help you.

Did you use it only for Testing or Every day use?

Will it be Connected to Intranet or Internet.

How many Space you need for Store Data?

May you can get you a HP Chrome Box.
                  They are Small and Powerful for 99USD.

Comment

Also please tell us more to help you.

Did you use it only for Testing or Every day use?

Will it be Connected to Intranet or Internet.

How many Space you need for Store Data?

May you can get you a HP Chrome Box.
                    They are Small and Powerful for 99USD.
                    It isn't only for testing, it will be for every day usage and it will be connected to Internet and I use it for blog (WordPress) and forum (phpBB). I have 2 RPi for testing and BPi I use like NAS and torrent downloader because it is enough for me. I don't need lot of storage but optional will be good something like TF card or USB stick. I wrote it here because I saw that small HDMI PC and it isn't costly and it can run Ubuntu with good HW specs, I mean 4 cores with 2GB ram is enough for server and it has TF card slot and USB + it isn't power hungry device.

Comment

Then take a RK3188 Device put Linux on it and Stick a 1600 SD Card. This should be enough Power. As alternative a Chrome Box like HP or a Pipo X7. For the last one it is a little bit tricky to install Linux also the Ethernet is not the best.

Comment

Then take a RK3188 Device put Linux on it and Stick a 1600 SD Card. This should be enough Power.
                        OK but I don't know how to choose best supported device.

Comment

Take a Freakbox from Freaktab we Support that Device very well and also we have Linux for it. It has a Stable Housing and a RK3188 CPU.

Comment

Comment

Can I use any RK3188 device??? Or it is any limited with support??? And that ubuntu will run from NAND or SD card???

Comment

Working...
                              X