Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Linux][MK808/UG802/MK802 III] PicUntu 0.9 RC 2.2 w/ Finless 1.6 ROM -Dual Boot- Windows Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help, please!

I have bought a mk808b clone v1, now i flashing diversity ROM from 1.5 to 2.1 mostly they works and the last 2.1 works nice with wlan, bluetooth dont work its not so far i dont need it.

Now i´m trying to install linux, and flash over 10x different recovery image, and ever it startet with this penguins, thats ist.

Is there any reference installation on this chip? I like this hardware and will to install a little nice linux because android ist not for me.

I hope anyone can help me.

thanks georg

Comment

5 days trying to install...

Hey Folks,
      have been trying to get Linux on my MK802III for some time now.

I've got latest firmware, Finless 2.1 ROM. Prepared my 4GB microSD card with pre-picuntu. I flashed ug802recovkernl.img renamed to recovery.img to the recovery with windows 1.3.7 flash tool. When linux starts to boot up it hangs:
      rk30_lcdc_blank>>>>>1rk30_lcdc_blank>>>>>0
      then it repeats the above two lines

Any ideas?

TIA!

Comment

Cant find image file

Does someone have this image file? http://download.g8.net/picuntu/picun...9-RC2.2.img.gz
        because the link is not working.

Comment

Hey all,

Sorry for the absence, since i have been neglecting my MK808 for a while.

I know some of you have been having problems with the links or install, sorry I won't be much of help as I don't use this build myself anymore.

But for those who are still interested in using Linux, I have recently found a really nice guide out there, with complete Mali HW Accelerated support via Olek0's kernel+Mali drivers,XBMC,Quake3,PSX emulator,Flash and many more!

here's the link:
          MK808 - Ubuntu 12.10 home://io (Olegk0 3.0.8 Kernel)

Comment

Picuntu is slow and hangs

Hy guys,

i have a Rikomagic 802 IIIs (1,6 GHz Dual Core, 1 GB Ram, Quadcore, GPU 16 GB Micro SDHC U10 Sd Card),

and Picuntu runs a little bit slow, some seconds after starting the SOftware Center or gParted or anything else i get CPU usage 100% and Picuntu starts to shutter and will hang at some points.

So i want to ask how i can speed it up ? theres alot stuff installed that i dont need (i only want to use it as Webserver, FTP server and maybe Email server)

Thanks in advance for anything that could help.

Comment

Working...
            X