A GUI tool for flashing rk3066/rk3188 kernel image under Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I use this tool to take a complete backup of my device,
    config changes, installed packages, data etc...?

IT looks to only work for backing up boot and Kernel. I'm not even sure @which@ of the img partitions I would need to backup anyway?

Otherwise, I'm looking for a better way to take a backup of my device and am open to suggestions

Comment

Hi Wang,

Excelent app, thank so much, Let me add a feature to the wishlist:

Could you add a fullbackup option ? with partition table included?
      Because right now I have to make a backup of each partition, one by one.

Thanks a lot

Comment

Perfect tools

Originally posted by linuxerwang View Post
        I created a GUI tool for flashing kernel images (or any image files) to rk3066/rk3188 base devices under Linux. It provides no more function than the existing rkflashtool_rk3066 program except that it's GUI based.
        Thanks a lot works perfect, I have no more change the name "kernel, the system" just once flashing and ready.

flycast mk809iii

Comment

Error

The tool looks great, however when I connect my device in bootloader mode and start rkflashkit (after sudo to root), I got error:
          rkflashkit
          Traceback (most recent call last):
          File "/usr/share/rkflashkit/lib/rkflashkit/main.py", line 393, in __on_device_changed
          partitions = op.load_partitions()
          File "/usr/share/rkflashkit/lib/rkflashkit/rktalk.py", line 158, in load_partitions
          self.__init_device()
          File "/usr/share/rkflashkit/lib/rkflashkit/rktalk.py", line 117, in __init_device
          2, ''.join(prepare_cmd(0x80, 0x00060000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)))
          File "/usr/share/rkflashkit/lib/rkflashkit/usb1.py", line 1145, in bulkWrite
          return self._bulkTransfer(endpoint, data, sizeof(data), timeout)
          File "/usr/share/rkflashkit/lib/rkflashkit/usb1.py", line 1129, in _bulkTransfer
          raise libusb1.USBError(result)
          rkflashkit.libusb1.USBError: LIBUSB_ERROR_IO [-1]

Window shows up, I see device ID 0x2207:0x300a, however I can't change NAND Partitions - it looks they're not visible to the tool for some reason.

How can I proceed?

Comment

Originally posted by linuxerwang View Post
            I created a GUI tool for flashing kernel images (or any image files) to rk3066/rk3188 base devices under Linux. It provides no more function than the existing rkflashtool_rk3066 program except that it's GUI based.

rkflashkit is an open source toolkit for flashing Linux kernel images to rockchip rk3066/rk3188/rk3288 etc. based devices. It's programmed with python and gtk2. - linuxerwang/rkflashkit

Features
            - Programmed with python, GTK2 and libusb1.
            - Automatically detect device connection.
            - Reboot device.
            - Flash kernel image file to specified partition.
            - Erase partition.
            - Backup partition.
            - Compare a partition with a image file.
            linuxerwang, thanks a lot for a great tool indeed! I had been looking for such one for a some time ago and finally found it. I was really surprised that it took so much time because the most similar tools were windows-based ones. Although rkflashtool is great but to flash some custom ROMs there is a need to flash parameter file and sometimes even bootloader. And that is what I am missing in rkflashtool. So I wonder if there are some plans to add such feature to make your great linux tool similar features-rich as windows-based ones?

Comment

Thanks for the GUI tools.

It lack just the ability to flash both files 'parameter' and 'Loader.bin' on RileyRom or FinleyRom!

I'm testing onto Linux Mint "Petra". (Ubuntu-like 13.10).
              "Just ATP"
              - MTKZenyT(ools) : Tools to backup, flash, root'n unroot under GNU/Linux

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi 1
              Tablet
              s: CDisplay SV1.0.6 (original); PiPo M8HD (under RileyRom 1.9)

Comment

Hi guys, i tried to flash Picuntu 4.5 but something gone wrong.
                "Flash memory at is differnt from file!" error appear in reading process.
                How can i proceed?
                Attached Files

Comment

Looks like author gave up this project.

For those who interested, there is another tool in this thread.

It's not a GUI tool but much more powerful than one discussed here

Comment

See this thread http://www.FreakTab.com/showthread.php?t=10060

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
                    900Supersport

900supersports FreakTab rkROMkitchen

900supersports guide to working-RK-ROMs

Under Construction 900supersports guide to working MediaTek ROMS

Struggling for time at the moment, but will try and drop by when I can.

If you would like to support my ROM development then please visit my Google site donate page where you can make a paypal donation

freaktab developer

Proof that you're never to old to learn. Sometimes too old to remember though.

Comment

Nice work on the GUI tool!

I just used your GUI tool for the first time on a Nextbook tablet. Very convenient to use in Ubuntu!

Nice work!

ShaunMT
                      Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

New version available

For anyone who isn't aware, linuxerwang updated the unix gui a few months ago.

The newest version includes support for rk3288 devices and parameter backup and restore.

You can find the newest version by following the link in the OP.

ShaunMT
                        Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Problems accessing the SYSTEM partition with RKFLashkit

Hi guys, Linuxerwang in particular.

I'm trying to flash a Rikomagic EVO using RKFlashKit.

The EVO is a white 902 with a VGA port that ships with a customized version of Ubuntu 12.04 (that doesn't work particularly well). I haven't accessed mine with Windows software, but the Rikomagic reflash guidebook shows LOADER, PARAMETER, MISC, KERNEL, BOOT, RECOVERY, SYSTEM and BACKUP partitions. AFAIK, replacing the Ubuntu with Picuntu should only involve replacing KERNEL, BOOT and SYSTEM -- which I can achieve with RKFlashkit.

I do 'sudo rkflashkit' and start the EVO with a paperclip in the hole.

I can see the device in the 'DEVICES' submenu, and I can see the KERNEL and BOOT partitions in the 'NAND partitions' submenu. However, I can't see the SYSTEM partition. Here's the output that the program displays in its main window:

============= 2014-11-04 23:54:39 ============

Loading partition information
                          MACHINE_MODEL:rk31sdk MACHINE_ID:007 MANUFACTURER:RK31SDK MAGIC: 0x5041524B ATAG: 0x60000800 MACHINE: 3066 CHECK_MASK: 0x80 KERNEL_IMG: 0x60408000 #RECOVER_KEY: 1,1,0,20,0 CMDLINE: initrd=0x62000000,0x00800000 init=/sbin/init root=/dev/mtdblock2 mtdparts=rk29xxnand:0x00008000@0x00002000(boot),0x 00008000@0x0000A000(kernel),-@0x00012000(system)

...and here's what I get in the terminal:

200.0 0.0
                          200.0 0.0
                          /usr/share/rkflashkit/lib/rkflashkit/main.py:89: GtkWarning: gtk_text_buffer_emit_insert: assertion `g_utf8_validate (text, len, NULL)' failed
                          self.__text_buffer.insert(self.__text_buffer.get_e nd_iter(), message)
                          200.0 0.0
                          200.0 0.0
                          200.0 0.0
                          200.0 0.0
                          200.0 0.0
                          200.0 0.0
                          200.0 0.0
                          200.0 0.0
                          210.0 0.0
                          225.0 0.0
                          255.0 0.0

I'm guessing that the problem I'm experiencing would affect other tools (RKFlashTool, Rockchip Upgrade_tool). Can anyone tell me what's happening?

TIA, W.

Comment

Working...
                          X